Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone PM the resume format for the PAQ internship program. I will greatly appreciate it!

Comment

• Anyone know when they are expecting to push out the NORs?

Comment

• Njw85
        Njw85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Was actually womdering the same.

• The announcement stated that it would not give NORs for this announcement, and that only selected people will be contacted.

Comment

• Last year during the PAQ process (which seems to be on the same time schedule as this years), I received my "NOR" from AFOSI HR Leadership (Not USAJOBS) on or about 12/15. I anticipate that this years will be similar so I would expect to hear back sometime around the end of December or early January at latest... then again, the paperwork they provided also says that...

In other news, I was contacted recently (10/16) to submit supplemental information for this years go-around, so here's to hoping that I made it to the next round!

Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• Anyone think we’ll hear back soon?

Comment

• Guess they're just waiting until the very end of december... I don't imagine that they are too far behind schedule. Even with the holiday.

Comment

• Am I missing something? Is there a reason why we think they will reach out before New Years?

anyways, good luck to everyone

Comment

• Anyone know if they actually are only hiring 10 civilians?

Comment

• Originally posted by cmor5150 View Post
                  Anyone know if they actually are only hiring 10 civilians?
                  When I went to their job fair last year that is what we were told. Not trying to be a debbie downer, but you have to be very fortunate/lucky to be one of those 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by LBJfan4life View Post

When I went to their job fair last year that is what we were told. Not trying to be a debbie downer, but you have to be very fortunate/lucky to be one of those 10.
                    This is the reality. I will hold on to the pipe-dream that my application, of the thousands of others submitted, will be one of those 10

This year there are 10 openings. The OSI rep at my campus meeting location said that they will cut the applicants down from thousands to 20 (10 primary and 10 secondary/backups). Per the same SA I spoke to (who was brought on through PAQ) all 20 "finalists" have been hired in the past at once... so it is possible that 20 people will be selected. Still, if you look at it from a statistical point of view chances are slim either way.

That being said, even then I wouldn't consider it luck... there is no lottery or magic 8-ball. OSI representatives are physically looking at our resumes which should be the shining reflection of the culmination of our lives to this point. I would go as far as to say that it is less luck and more the reflections of professionalism your papers show and the constantly changing needs of the AF.

In regards to the reason we think we will hear news before the new years: According to the documents given to applicants at the campus locations, the timeline states that resume review/scoring will be completed "Nov - Dec 17." This step in the process is followed by interviews held between "Jan - Feb 18" at Quantico. We obviously don't know at what point in the schedule OSI is at, so this conjecture is all we've got.

Despite the astronomical odds and the three days left in "Dec 17" I will keep my fingers crossed that we'll hear something positive soon!

Comment

• Well, I guess our hopes/predictions were wrong... LOL. Hope everyone had a great Christmas/new years! Don't mind me, I'll just be lurking here until someone hears something.

Comment

• Anyone else finding it hard to stay calm and keep waiting?

Comment

• 1811_WannaBe
                          1811_WannaBe commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If I was a betting man I would say not having a budget is not helping and news of another CR is not good!

• beauonly
                          beauonly commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That is probably a fair assumption... although the NCIS hiring process is still moving along at a slightly less snail-like pace. I will be the first to admit that I know little about DoD budget and hiring processes though.

• Check your emails folks, announcements seem to have gone out just now.

Comment

• OSI will only hire 10, one for each location listed in announcement. After interviews, you are either a primary.. meaning you get the job if you pass an internal background.. Or alternate, meaning you get the job if a primary fails background or doesn't like the base they are given. You are allowed to rank the bases 1 to 10, but when the offer comes, there is no negotiations, take it or leave it.
                          Last edited by TripleH; 01-14-2018, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, I didn't get anything. I didn't have high hopes due to the small amount they are hiring. I'd love OSI because I was prior AF. Luckily, NCIS seems to favor me, so I'll be going that route instead.

Comment

• beauonly
                              beauonly commented
                              Editing a comment
                              It is a tough process, for sure. I am in the same boat with NCIS as you though. Have my panel scheduled for tomorrow.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4656 users online. 211 members and 4445 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X