300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entry level AFOSI openings

Applicants getting put through doesn't mean anything. Applicants getting accepted is an entirely different thing. OTS boards have historically had rates down in the single digits for acceptance, and sometimes haven't even accepted any civilian applicants at all. That's just getting selected for OTS. Once that happens, the chances of getting selected for OSI, which is a field that has a very high tendency of only selecting prior enlisted OSI agents as officers, is very similar in low selection rate.

And that whole person concept doesn't mean anything with regard to OSI. It's all about who gets selected by the board for OTS. You don't have a say in which field you get beyond your preferences.

Again, if you go that route make sure you emphasize wanting to be an officer and a leader as your primary goal in your interview and personal statement. If you don't and focus on being an agent in those areas instead, your package will get tossed in the trash very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Aeroneous; 06-25-2016, 06:53 PM.
    "The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary."

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeroneous View Post
      Applicants getting put through doesn't mean anything. Applicants getting accepted is an entirely different thing. OTS boards have historically had rates down in the single digits for acceptance, and sometimes haven't even accepted any civilian applicants at all. That's just getting selected for OTS. Once that happens, the chances of getting selected for OSI, which is a field that has a very high tendency of only selecting prior enlisted OSI agents as officers, is very similar in low selection rate.

And that whole person concept doesn't mean anything with regard to OSI. It's all about who gets selected by the board for OTS. You don't have a say in which field you get beyond your preferences.

Again, if you go that route make sure you emphasize wanting to be an officer and a leader as your primary goal in your interview and personal statement. If you don't and focus on being an agent in those areas instead, your package will get tossed in the trash very quickly.

From what I have been told and I could be wrong. You don't go to an OTS board you go straight to the AFOSI board for selection into OSI and OTS. So maybe we are getting two different stories here or you must know something I do not. Thanks!

Comment

• Entry level AFOSI openings

http://www.osi.af.mil/shared/media/d...151102-034.pdf

If you get selected for OTS, your package will then be forwarded to OSI if you listed it as your number one preference.

I'll also add that most recruiters are woefully uninformed about the officer accessions process. This includes officer accessions recruiters. The only way you'll succeed is if you do a substantial amount of research yourself.

Last edited by Aeroneous; 06-25-2016, 08:28 PM.
        "The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary."

Comment

• Duplicate.
          Last edited by TripleH; 07-23-2016, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Has anyone applied for the recent AFOSI announcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleH View Post
              Anyone else selected ?
              Well after over a year of lurking around here, I finally made an account. I was also selected off of the March 2016 DEV announcement. Currently waiting for FO/Class Date.

Comment

• Paq emails for denials went out today

Comment

• Originally posted by echoshot3 View Post
                  Paq emails for denials went out today
                  Got the denial today too. I was hoping to get a little more info on what they were looking for to get an interview, but the email was fairly vague.
                  Last edited by youngbuff; 01-09-2017, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by echoshot3 View Post
                    Paq emails for denials went out today
                    PAQ emails for interview selections also went out today. I was fortunate enough to get an invite. Hopefully I can get the date I requested...I already bought tickets.

Comment

• Any news from anyone regarding this last announcement?

Comment

• Should be getting close to that time for a new announcement to come around.

Comment

• FYI,

http://www.osi.af.mil/VACANCY/Civilians/

Comment

• Has anyone received instructions for participation in the PAQ Program Virtual Recruiting Fair on October 17th, 2017?

https://roa.afciviliancareers.com/rs...cial-agents-17

Comment

• cmor5150
                              cmor5150 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              They sent emails out today

• Regarding the virtual fair...How much time should we set aside for it? I know it runs from 11-2, but do you have to be logged on the whole time? Also, what the heck even is it? Not much info

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12407 users online. 468 members and 11939 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X