Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're coming over from a federal position than previous higher grade applies.

Semper Gumby!

Comment

• Originally posted by chasing1811 View Post
      If you're coming over from a federal position than previous higher grade applies.

Semper Gumby!
      Nope. Civilian working in the corporate world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary."

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeroneous View Post
        Nope. Civilian working in the corporate world.

Than all you'll get is the 7 because of the way the position/program is established.

Semper Gumby!

Comment

• Originally posted by chasing1811 View Post
          Than all you'll get is the 7 because of the way the position/program is established.

Semper Gumby!
          That's what I figured. Doesn't deter me, but 7 Step X would've definitely helped. Thanks for the info!

Comment

• Duplicate .
            Last edited by TripleH; 07-23-2016, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• I applied through DEV. It would be a tremendous help financially if they did bump me up to a 9, assuming I actually have the opportunity at all. I don't really want to ask the recruiting folks that question because it seems like kind of a petty thing to worry about.

Comment

I applied through DEV. It would be a tremendous help financially if they did bump me up to a 9, assuming I actually have the opportunity at all. I don't really want to ask the recruiting folks that question because it seems like kind of a petty thing to worry about.

I feel the same way man, I have my masters as well; however,........I think the DEV posting specifically said GL-7, but I'm always hopeful. I think i may ask if I get a conditional offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
                  I feel the same way man, I have my masters as well; however,........I think the DEV posting specifically said GL-7, but I'm always hopeful. I think i may ask if I get a conditional offer.
                  You'll only get the 7 regardless of prior gov experience or Masters.

Comment

• Originally posted by WolfofJapan View Post
                    You'll only get the 7 regardless of prior gov experience or Masters.
                    Yeah this was made very clear during the interviews last week. It was mentioned that current federal employees in a higher grade might get a step increase, but they would be the only case where that would happen.

Comment

• Yeah, it's not a big deal, people who get selected will be back at their pay grade in a few years.

I just need a shot!!!!

Comment

• Pretty much, depending upon the announcement language you'll be GL7 then 9 after a year, then another year for 11 and one more for 12, then 2 years for 13. Pretty much a 13 in 5 years, which is far better than most agencies as the way it was explained to me was that the 13 is non-competitive. Overall its a great agency to get in with if you want to work for a MICO and it seems to have better funding than other MICOs. I worked for the Navy for several years and you just can't compare the two. The Air Force definitely puts money into their people, but they expect the same dedication in return.

Comment

• Anyone else selected ?

Comment

• I am actually looking at putting an AD officer application in for AFOSI. Any thoughts? If I can't get the civilian side maybe the other side?

Comment

• By all means go for it, just understand that the chances are incredibly slim. The chances of getting selected for a commission are already quite low, and then the chances of getting selected for OSI on top of that are even lower.

My personal standpoint is that you should really only apply for a commission because you want to be an officer, not an OSI agent. The officer that interviews you for your package will probably try to discover your motivation for applying, and "because I want to be an OSI agent" will almost assuredly get you a non-select notification.

Your OTS package will include your preferences for AFSC. You'll have to list three areas that you would accept. If you can find two other areas that interest you as much as OSI, then there is a little less risk involved.

All that being said, you should go for it if you want it.

Comment

By all means go for it, just understand that the chances are incredibly slim. The chances of getting selected for a commission are already quite low, and then the chances of getting selected for OSI on top of that are even lower.

My personal standpoint is that you should really only apply for a commission because you want to be an officer, not an OSI agent. The officer that interviews you for your package will probably try to discover your motivation for applying, and "because I want to be an OSI agent" will almost assuredly get you a non-select notification.

Your OTS package will include your preferences for AFSC. You'll have to list three areas that you would accept. If you can find two other areas that interest you as much as OSI, then there is a little less risk involved.

All that being said, you should go for it if you want it.

Depends on the needs of the Air Force. But recently talked with a recruiter for OTS. They have a lot of OSI applicants they are putting through actually so it doesn't hurt to try. Plus they look at the whole person concept. On the other side I would love to do AFOSI reserve enlisted or officer. If anyone has any thoughts on getting into that route please let me know.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6318 users online. 330 members and 5988 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X