Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are vets with masters degrees being passed up for "entry level" afosi civilian positions? These jobs are really tough to get I guess or not many openings and as someone stated above.
    Last edited by service4others; 05-22-2016, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by service4others View Post
      How are vets with masters degrees being passed up for "entry level" afosi civilian positions? These jobs are really tough to get I guess or not many openings and as someone stated above.
      I'm a vet with a masters degree and received an invite. We can only speculate as to the reasoning really. I've been trying to figure out what it is that's unique about my application, and really I can only come up with a couple things.

-10 point vet
      -Masters
      -Previous high level security clearance

Besides those three things I might describe myself as rather vanilla. Perhaps there is just a specific thing they are digging for? I know the announcement said to highlight autonomy and amount of supervision in each position, so I really focused on that in my resume bullets.

Having been in the Air Force, though, I can tell you that PERFECTLY following instructions was probably a factor. Not using a period or comma on the same fashion they did in their sample could have done it, for all we know.
      "The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary."

Comment

• Originally posted by service4others View Post
        How are vets with masters degrees being passed up for "entry level" afosi civilian positions? These jobs are really tough to get I guess or not many openings and as someone stated above.
        That's how all "entry-level" 1811 positions have been in recent years. They're not actually entry level.

Comment

• Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post
          That's how all "entry-level" 1811 positions have been in recent years. They're not actually entry level.
          Only from a pay perspective. Hah.

Don't you know? Entry level these days means 5-10 years experience in a senior leadership role.

Comment

• Duplicate .
            Last edited by TripleH; 07-23-2016, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Does anyone know what the writing sample and test you are administered are all about? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbowser1515 View Post
                Does anyone know what the writing sample and test you are administered are all about? Thanks.
                Did you get an invite for the last announcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by bbowser1515 View Post
                  Does anyone know what the writing sample and test you are administered are all about? Thanks.
                  Back when I took it, it was a three page handwritten biography of yourself and the only other test was the Wonderlic. That was the first meeting I had with the agents doing my background. They probably won't tell you that so just be ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlatantDisregard View Post
                    Back when I took it, it was a three page handwritten biography of yourself and the only other test was the Wonderlic. That was the first meeting I had with the agents doing my background. They probably won't tell you that so just be ready.
                    Well I'm in trouble, then. My handwriting is awful.

Comment

• Entry level AFOSI openings

All the test were on a computer...

Semper Gumby!
                      Last edited by chasing1811; 05-23-2016, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Duplicate .
                        Last edited by TripleH; 07-23-2016, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleH View Post
                          When I interviewed there was nothing I or anyone else could identify that we had in common that made us think "oh yeah that is why we were all selected.." As we were told during our interview, they really looked at the whole person to see if they would be a fit. There was one person who was right out of college that could speak a difficult language, someone who was currently an enlisted agent trying to transfer to civ, many (most.. 90%) with masters degrees and a little bit of work experience but nothing major, then someone who was an FBI agent who wanted to work for a smaller agency.
                          I often wondered how I was selected for the interview also. I'm a veteran with a BA in criminology and currently working a a police dispatcher for a small police department. If I remember correctly, I was one of very few people who had less than a masters degree and got an interview. To be honest, after learning about everyone else's background I was very flattered that my name was thrown in the hat with so many well qualified applicants.

Comment

• Just got my interview invite!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
                              Just got my interview invite!!!!!!
                              Congrats! Best of luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Pretty sure the answer to this is no, but does anyone know if OSI will bring you in at a higher step to try and match previous salary (like USPIS used to do)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8233 users online. 350 members and 7883 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X