300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lowfatblueberryogurt View Post
    Anyone applied to the recent one week announcement and not received the email yet? (ME)! Starting to worry a bit, seems like most people got the same acknowledgement email.
    We're in the same boat. I submitted my app on the last night of the announcement so maybe they are going in order of submission.

Comment

I also applied on the last day as well, and I have not received anything.

Remember, it's a holiday weekend, so lots of Feds take off for the entire week.

And 200 is actually really low, so if you have good credentials, you might have a good shot at getting an interview, depending on what they are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by JF30 View Post
        We're in the same boat. I submitted my app on the last night of the announcement so maybe they are going in order of submission.
        Logical, I applied Sunday 6/26 @ 10:08 a.m.
        In Process Apps:
        LASD - 04/2015 Completed Out of State Testing
        Passed Written, Fitness, Polygraph
        08/2015 - Background Completed
        09/2015 - Medical/Psych Scheduled

Comment

Originally posted by jc1911 View Post
          I also applied on the last day as well, and I have not received anything.

Remember, it's a holiday weekend, so lots of Feds take off for the entire week.

And 200 is actually really low, so if you have good credentials, you might have a good shot at getting an interview, depending on what they are looking for.
          I don't have the IT really that they broadcast in the civilian announcements although I learn it really easy but I have the military LE they look for on the enlisted reserve side so my fingers are crossed.
          In Process Apps:

Comment

I was able to cite via my resume and cover letter all the IT requirements they are looking for, so I'm hoping they will give me a shot. I've been told they are looking for folks with good IT skills, but I'm sure they are looking for LE's as well

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
              I will be back...

M-11
              Reviewing resumes by chance?
              In Process Apps:

Comment

Thank you all for the swift responses! Great to know we have a concerned group here. I truly wish all the best in the upcoming process to those who applied . I sent in my application Monday late-afternoon (6/27) via email and haven't heard anything yet.

My background is military, B.A. International Studies, a few languages, currently work as a government analyst.
                Last edited by lowfatblueberryogurt; 07-04-2011, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Just double checked my email that I applied with and apparently, I did get that email. It was sent last night at 9:15 PM.

Good luck to all !

Comment

Originally posted by jc1911 View Post
                    Just double checked my email that I applied with and apparently, I did get that email. It was sent last night at 9:15 PM.

Good luck to all !
                    Grats! And make sure that those who are still waiting on the email check their spam folders. I doubt OSI email would get filtered out as spam, but I've seen stranger things happen...

Also for the record, I got my email last night (07/03/11) at 9:16pm EDT.
                    "God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die." -- Bill Watterson

"Inside of a ring or out, ain't nothing wrong with going down. It's staying down that's wrong." --Muhammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by 4N6 View Post
                      I doubt OSI email would get filtered out as spam
                      Official DHS email hits spam filters 9/10 times..... just sayin'. Best to check both especially if you have yahoo, hotmail, or google.....

Comment

• What exactly is OSI looking for? Anything in particular? I have six years law enforcment experience (Narcotics and Gang investigator, SWAT) and a college degree...would this be enough? Good luck to those who applied...

Comment

• Originally posted by akeimva View Post
                          What exactly is OSI looking for? Anything in particular? I have six years law enforcment experience (Narcotics and Gang investigator, SWAT) and a college degree...would this be enough? Good luck to those who applied...
                          Based on the vacancy announcement, it looks like they are giving preference for those with foreign language proficiencies and advanced IT skills...

Comment

• I hope that's the case I'm gs2210-12 which is IT and 8 years usmc plus college. Guess we'll see.
                            AFOSI
                            Applied 01/08/12

Comment

• Originally posted by jc1911 View Post
                              Based on the vacancy announcement, it looks like they are giving preference for those with foreign language proficiencies and advanced IT skills...
                              Ahhh I see...thanks a lot!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasJ View Post
                                I hope that's the case I'm gs2210-12 which is IT and 8 years usmc plus college. Guess we'll see.

Did you specify for each of the 4 IT Preferences with examples in your resume ? I'm a 2210-13

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11044 users online. 325 members and 10719 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X