300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted . .
    Last edited by TripleH; 07-23-2016, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Good info. Thank you. Also, I sent you a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary."

Comment

• Non-Select. Shocked, but not surprised.

Comment

• I have noticed some people being dropped for not following the direction exactly as they are give. Just something to think about for the next run.

Semper Gumby!

Comment

• Heard the same. Spent hours upon hours of making another resume to fit their criteria. I guess they can be really specific with selection since they can take agents from the enlisted and officer ranks. Can't tell you how frustrating this process has been. Funny thing is my best girl has made it farther in the application pipeline for local LE in three months than I made it with the feds in three years. Crazy times for sure.

Comment

• Duplicate .
              Last edited by TripleH; 07-23-2016, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• I agree with Triple AND as my name implies I now exactly how you feel. Been trying to get into the 1811 field for a while. As for OSI the DEV process seems to be a lot more demanding than the PAQ. Either way they are both pretty quick. As compared to other agencies. IMHO...

Semper Gumby!

Comment

• 5 years federal investigator (1810) with OPM. Bachelors and 5 point vet. My expectations with the AF are low because I was RIF'd while in the Air Force, but I'm just trying to get back to serving alongside the military. However, I do respect the timeliness of the process as it shows that they are courteous to their applicants and I think that shows a lot of character. Unfortunately, others are not the same. I hope you two are going to get that breakthrough it you haven't already.

Comment

• RIF? Sorry, jarhead here.

Semper Gumby!

Comment

• Not Selected
                      OUT!!

Comment

• Duplicate .
                        Last edited by TripleH; 07-23-2016, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleH View Post
                          Vet points don't matter until after the interview, then they are added ontop of your interview score (only way I was able to get with them not being a vet)

If you're serious about OSI, I'd highly recommend going for a masters. Every civikian agent I spoke with in the process had a masters but obviously not universal
                          I have a masters and Law Enforcement Intel experience I didn't get selected.
                          OUT!!

Comment

• Thanks for the info. Hopefully I can start the masters this Fall. NCIS is my ideal agency so hopefully something pops soon. Good luck to everyone out there and keep plugging away.

Comment

• Not referred. I have a Master's and I am a Vet. Oh well, on to the next. Good luck to those going forwards.

Comment

• RIF: Reduction in Force, that's what happened to me too
                                Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                                USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                                "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                                Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6323 users online. 223 members and 6100 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X