Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other PAQs on here besides AF and Triple?

Semper Gumby!

Comment

• Originally posted by chasing1811 View Post
      Any other PAQs on here besides AF and Triple?

Semper Gumby!
      I am curious about the reserve side of AFOSI enlisted and officer? Anyone know any information? I would apply as a civilian on this announcement but I would honestly rather do enlisted/ officer OSI reserve? What is the possibility of getting that? Also you said you left state was it DSS?

Comment

• Nevermind this annoucement seems to be closed but still have the above questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by service4others View Post
          I am curious about the reserve side of AFOSI enlisted and officer? Anyone know any information? I would apply as a civilian on this announcement but I would honestly rather do enlisted/ officer OSI reserve? What is the possibility of getting that? Also you said you left state was it DSS?
          I don't know much about the enlisted/ officer side of the biz, sorry. And yes, I am leaving State but not DSS. Although DSS is a job I would love I haven't made the cut on the list. Ironically, I think this, OSI, is a list which is harder to make.

Comment

• Duplicate .
            Last edited by TripleH; 07-23-2016, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• Duplicate .
              Last edited by TripleH; 07-23-2016, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleH View Post
                I know that for enlisted you have to already be in the service and be a senior airman who is at the beginning of your retrain window. In short, you have to be in for 3 years before you can apply to cross train into osi and there is no guarantee they will accept you.

For officer I believe you can apply for osi with your OTS package but all I gotta say is good luck with that. OSI is the second most requested field (aside from pilot) so you will be competing for very few slots against students graduating from the AF Academy and students who are in ROTC who are getting recommended by detco's.

Civilian positions seems to open 2 times a year, PAQ and DEV. Same job, different funding source.

All your answers can be answered here

http://www.osi.af.mil/questions/topic.asp?id=1142

Or email HR. They are great at responding if you have a question you cant find on the site.

My opinion, if you are in the af now, enlisted would be easiest route. To get an officer slot/OTS and THEN get picked up with osi... well there is something on your resume that is obviously outstanding and you should therefore have no problem getting a civilian slot. (Ie an officer slot is very difficult to get, then compounded by trying for osi). Oh but for civilian positions you almost have to have a masters degree... Or be a badass in a foreign language. At my interview everyone had a RELEVANT masters degree aside for a guy who could speak Korean fluently and was in IT security.
                At this point I am looking into air force reserve Security Forces Officer or Intel too or Guard (many options). So I can keep up and pursuing my FED LE applications.

Comment

Has anyone used or planning to utilize the loan repayment offered via the PAQ Program ?
                  Thanks for reminding me...I have to ask about this program.

Comment

• Duplicate .
                    Last edited by TripleH; 07-23-2016, 11:30 AM.

Comment

For officer I believe you can apply for osi with your OTS package but all I gotta say is good luck with that. OSI is the second most requested field (aside from pilot) so you will be competing for very few slots against students graduating from the AF Academy and students who are in ROTC who are getting recommended by detco's.
                      Does anybody know anybody who made it into the AFOSI as an officer? I'm debating on contacting a recruiter, but I don't want to waste their time if it's not very likely that anything will come from it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ronald_mcdonald View Post
                        Does anybody know anybody who made it into the AFOSI as an officer? I'm debating on contacting a recruiter, but I don't want to waste their time if it's not very likely that anything will come from it.
                        Not going to say that you are wasting your time but I will tell you that I tried to go that route and it is extremely COMPETITIVE!!! The recruiter told me to put it as my number one choice but the likelihood of getting was slim to none because it is the number one most requested job choice.

Also from speaking with some of the AFOSI management they usually reserve the officer spots for the enlisted agents who want to go officer.

So again not telling not to do it, just the information I got from various sources were that u will mostly likely get out in a job where the need a 2nd LT and not so much where u wanna go.

Comment

• Duplicate .
                          Last edited by TripleH; 07-23-2016, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• Radio check....is this thing on?![emoji53]

Semper Gumby!

Comment

• Originally posted by chasing1811 View Post
                              Radio check....is this thing on?![emoji53]

Semper Gumby!
                              I don't think anyone has received anything...at least I haven't.
                              OUT!!

Comment

• I reapplied under a different announcement. I'll find out if I get an interview late may.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6430 users online. 226 members and 6204 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X