X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double post

Comment

• Ronald,

Your MBA and CFE will help. Your current federal experience will also help; however, it will benefit you even more if you are in a position where you utilize your CFE certification.
      Last edited by AFOSI-Bound; 03-24-2016, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• I know this is jumping the gun a bit but I have a question. If selected and I pass everything, what are the odds of getting an overseas assignment? I want an overseas assignment so could I volunteer or is it determined by the agency? Again jumping the gun but Im curious. Thanks for any info.

Comment

• Originally posted by tp2020 View Post
          I know this is jumping the gun a bit but I have a question. If selected and I pass everything, what are the odds of getting an overseas assignment? I want an overseas assignment so could I volunteer or is it determined by the agency? Again jumping the gun but Im curious. Thanks for any info.
          From what I have been told - PAQs are limited to the list. If you come on board already highly specialized in your field and prove yourself, then I am sure anything is possible after probation. DEVs are bound by the current availability of assignments and as such have more flexibility in that regard. What path are you?

Comment

• Do any PAQs have any info or updates to share?

Comment

• Final interview scheduled.

Semper Gumby!

Comment

• Awesome! Glad someone is making progress!

Comment

• If you are in the reserves, you would have to go inactive for the duration of your career with the AFOSI?! That's a pretty big deal! wow
                  OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
                    If you are in the reserves, you would have to go inactive for the duration of your career with the AFOSI?! That's a pretty big deal! wow
                    Don't quote me on this one but I've heard elsewhere that's it the same many agencies because of the availability aspect of the job. Things change and/or I could be wrong but pretty much if you're on LEAP you can't be a weekend warrior.

Comment

• Originally posted by chasing1811 View Post
                      Don't quote me on this one but I've heard elsewhere that's it the same many agencies because of the availability aspect of the job. Things change and/or I could be wrong but pretty much if you're on LEAP you can't be a weekend warrior.
                      I'm glad they put that information in the actual announcement. I like being informed about something this significant upfront.
                      OUT!!

Comment

I'm glad they put that information in the actual announcement. I like being informed about something this significant upfront.
                        They have been pretty transparent throughout. At least more so than other places.

Comment

• Originally posted by chasing1811 View Post
                          They have been pretty transparent throughout. At least more so than other places.
                          I like that; however, this position may not work for me. We shall see.
                          OUT!!

Comment

I like that; however, this position may not work for me. We shall see.
                            Like C1811 mentioned, they will be very transparent and upfront with you. Please be sure to extend them the same courtesy. Many of us are making huge sacrifices for this opportunity.

Personally, if at any point I had serious doubts I would withdraw my name to give those fully committed to the process the attention they deserve. To be clear, I am not saying you are not serious about this process. This message is meant for all of those in the process that are consuming time\resources and have reservations and/or no real intention of moving forward.

I'll step off my soapbox now.....
                            Last edited by AFOSI-Bound; 03-29-2016, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AFOSI-Bound View Post
                              Like C1811 mentioned, they will be very transparent and upfront with you. Please be sure to extend them the same courtesy. Many of us are making huge sacrifices for this opportunity.

Personally, if at any point I had serious doubts I would withdraw my name to give those fully committed to the process the attention they deserve. To be clear, I am not saying you are not serious about this process. This message is meant for all of those in the process that are consuming time\resources and have reservations and/or no real intention of moving forward.

I'll step off my soapbox now.....
                              I'm pretty sure people who took the time to apply have intentions of moving forward; however, when presented with information that may or may not be a result of antiquated policies, it makes it hard to be concrete about the ultimate decision. Secret service actually had this same stipulation regarding reservist; however, it was changed a few years back.

I also found some info regarding the subject:

To take an EEC job, you must either get out or transfer to the standby reserve. The standby reserve has two categories- active status list: in which you can accrue retirement credit points by being associated for duty with a unit, take correspondence courses, and perform inactive duty for training without pay; or the inactive status list, in which you are basically on a "time out" from the reserve. On the ISL you will not be eligible for promotion. You will not be considered for promotion. You will not be able to accrue points or train. Not being considered for promotion is NOT being passed over. You are simply pulled out of the running until you can either participate via the active status list of the standby reserve, or via the ready reserve, either IRR or a drilling unit.

I think the bottom line is if you are in a EE position, they don't want you to mobilize and I guess drilling for retirement points but no pay is something I have to consider as well.

Lastly, I want to address those with the belief that another applicant's actions will somehow affect their chances of employment. If the job is meant to be, it is meant to be. There is no formula. If an applicant is chosen and later decides to drop the position, then the job will be offered to the next best or next available applicant. Period. They will not eliminate a vacancy based on a an applicant's declination. So you should not concern yourselves with another applicants choices. Personal goals differ from one person to another. Some may not be as specific as someone wanting to only be in AFOSI. This is an option to advance professionally. If chosen and if I accept the invitation, I will still perform at the same outstanding level that I do for my current position.

Now I don't want anyone to get the boo-boo lips over this post. I want there to be an understanding here.
                              OUT!!

Comment

• Duplicate .
                                Last edited by TripleH; 07-23-2016, 11:28 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8166 users online. 370 members and 7796 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X