Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entry level AFOSI openings

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm coming over from State with a TS and they are applying reciprocity...I can only imagine that a DoD TS/SCI would be accepted. But I've learned to never assume anything and wait until it's in black and white.


    Semper Gumby!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by chasing1811 View Post
      I'm coming over from State with a TS and they are applying reciprocity...I can only imagine that a DoD TS/SCI would be accepted. But I've learned to never assume anything and wait until it's in black and white.


      Semper Gumby!
      Their background investigation is completely separate from a clearance though. Their agents do the background, opm contractors do the clearances. They will still do a full investigation even with a clearance.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TripleH View Post
        Their background investigation is completely separate from a clearance though. Their agents do the background, opm contractors do the clearances. They will still do a full investigation even with a clearance.
        Which is a waste of time, resource and money especially if you have an active DOD TS/SCI clearance. It should be a short investigation and that's it.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DCFED View Post
          Which is a waste of time, resource and money especially if you have an active DOD TS/SCI clearance. It should be a short investigation and that's it.
          Shouldn't be too bad. PFPA did the same thing and it was just a few phone calls to my references.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by rolandr5 View Post
            Shouldn't be too bad. PFPA did the same thing and it was just a few phone calls to my references.
            The suitability test is more in depth than a clearance. They do every suitability the exact same and it makes sense that they want to ensure character, not an opm contractor that checks a more limited scope.

            They talk to every reference in person. No phone calls
            Last edited by TripleH; 03-24-2016, 12:06 AM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TripleH View Post
              The suitability test is more in depth than a clearance. They do every suitability the exact same and it makes sense that they want to ensure character, not an opm contractor that checks a more limited scope.

              They talk to every reference in person. No phone calls

              Good for them. All PFPA did was a few phone calls

              Comment


              • All of my references got phone calls :0/


                Semper Gumby!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by chasing1811 View Post
                  All of my references got phone calls :0/


                  Semper Gumby!
                  Lol. I knew it. And it makes sense to me. To me suitability equals reference check plus maybe a few additional sources from those.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by chasing1811 View Post
                    All of my references got phone calls :0/


                    Semper Gumby!
                    Same here.

                    Comment


                    • I got the email as well I hope it works out. The timeline is certainly in my favor as I will be finishing my Masters in Middle Eastern studies this summer. Im hoping it along with my Arabic skills will help as I don't have the experience of the people on this forum.

                      Comment


                      • FYI - They are anticipating a OCT\NOV FLETC class that some of the PAQS from this cycle will be in.

                        My guess is that they will try to get some of you DEVS in that class. Pure speculation however!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by AFOSI-Bound View Post
                          Same here.
                          Must be det specific.. mine drove 3 hours 3 different times

                          Comment


                          • I applied as well. Does anyone know what kind of background they are looking for?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ronald_mcdonald View Post
                              I applied as well. Does anyone know what kind of background they are looking for?
                              Someone who can be the spokesman/face of OSI and sell hamburgers.....wait....Ronald - you are in for sure!

                              In all seriousness, it changes to much too predict. IT is a big +.
                              Last edited by AFOSI-Bound; 03-24-2016, 03:32 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ronald_mcdonald View Post
                                I applied as well. Does anyone know what kind of background they are looking for?
                                A masters degree is almost required unless you csn make those points up in IT or language. They don't care about veteran preference points until after your interview so being a 30 pt vet won't help if your resume doesn't score high enough first

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11421 users online. 438 members and 10983 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X