300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Soonerborn86 View Post
    I asked for as early as possible on Thursday. The email said the applicants had until the 11th to respond. They are probably waiting for the 11th to finalize everything. To be honest, I am surprised that they gave applicants that long to notify them of their preference. You would think that everyone would respond in less than a day.
    They have two times each day, probably 0730 and 1200 so you don't get a specific time for the interview per se since you go back as a group past security. As mentioned in the announcement there may also be a writing exercise.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
      With those credentials how on earth were you not selected for at least an interview? That seems crazy!
      There are probably applications they don't even look at due to the amount they get and the amount they need.

Comment

• So, assuming there is no delay, we should be getting the final interview schedule tomorrow. Who here took an afternoon slot?

Comment

• Camarritt2011,

While I do not have any evidence to the contrary, I highly doubt this to be the case. Do you have experience in such matters or have knowledge of specific federal HR rules to support your inference?

Originally posted by camarritt2011 View Post
          There are probably applications they don't even look at due to the amount they get and the amount they need.

Comment

• Echat,

I am neither former OSI nor former military. After speaking with a random population at the DC event I learned that there are a number of extremely qualified individuals that are hedging their bets in case they do not make it through all phases of the FBI announcement. OSI would be getting these individuals at a deep discount unless they are current service (federal) in which case pay parity may apply.

Originally posted by echat12 View Post
            I have a masters in the specific area too but no interview. And I was never expecting one. From my understanding, the people who get this job are exclusively former OSI-enlisted or at the very least former military. With almost no exceptions. I don't know why they even bother opening it up to the general public. I think they should just ask for military-experience only. I think they just like to generate the buzz around PAQ. But that is what I've heard from people who have been selected. They don't know of any non-military or non-osi ever getting this position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by AFOSI-Bound; 01-11-2016, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• Anyone know how many are interviewing for the 15 slots? It seems like you got whatever date/time you requested which is nice

Comment

• Does anyone know of or have any theories concerning this "computerized test"?

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleH View Post
                  Anyone know how many are interviewing for the 15 slots? It seems like you got whatever date/time you requested which is nice
                  I thought that I saw someone post on here that they wanted to select 50. However, at the recruiting event that I attended, I thought that I heard them say only 10% would be selected for interviews.

Comment

• 50 interviews for 15 spots...

Semper Gumby!

Comment

• Originally posted by chasing1811 View Post
                      50 interviews for 15 spots...

Semper Gumby!
                      That's what I thought too. I was just wondering since in last years Dev announcement they did 32 in 2 days. 50 in 2 days is a big jump for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by AFOSI-Bound View Post
                        Does anyone know of or have any theories concerning this "computerized test"?
                        Not sure. I'm curious about the test as well. Since there's a separate writing prompt I wonder if the test will be some sort of basic math/verbal test.

Also, I went back and was looking through the packet of info they handed out at the recruiting even and it said in bold letters "you must apply for all geographic locations to be considered for this position" so I can't say for sure but I'd imagine a lot of qualified people didn't get interviews because they didn't check all of the location boxes. I bet that and the special resume format weeds out a lot of applicants off the top. Just floating it out there, I don't know for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bryan_NC View Post
                          Not sure. I'm curious about the test as well. Since there's a separate writing prompt I wonder if the test will be some sort of basic math/verbal test.

Also, I went back and was looking through the packet of info they handed out at the recruiting even and it said in bold letters "you must apply for all geographic locations to be considered for this position" so I can't say for sure but I'd imagine a lot of qualified people didn't get interviews because they didn't check all of the location boxes. I bet that and the special resume format weeds out a lot of applicants off the top. Just floating it out there, I don't know for sure.

Quite likely. Some ****ty locations though. I also filled out everything that they typically ask for even though the usajobs application didn't request it. From their site...

"IMPORTANT NOTE: There is no "application package" to be obtained. As explained in the "HOW TO APPLY" section within each vacancy announcement, your application must consist of the following:

· Cover sheet in the required format (provided within each vacancy announcement)
                          · Resume in the required format (provided within each vacancy announcement)
                          · Optional Form 306, Declaration for Federal Employment (link provided in vacancy announcement)
                          · AFOSI Agency Questionnaire (provided within each vacancy announcement)
                          · Other documents as applicable to each applicant (i.e. college transcript, DD Form 214, etc.) "

Comment

• PM me if you will be there on the 28th.

Comment

• Originally posted by AFOSI-Bound View Post
                              Does anyone know of or have any theories concerning this "computerized test"?
                              The only "computerized test" I remember was the wonderlic test. Nothing complicated. Took it during the background investigation.

Comment

• Awfully quiet in here.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9692 users online. 397 members and 9295 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X