300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
    To everyone finding out they didn't make the cut...fret not.

OSI is extremely competitive, of all the military branches CI/CID agencies it is the most exclusive. It is not about who is the most qualified it is more about bringing in people with different skill sets that matters to them.

There are plenty of other agencies that are looking for fine candidates. Keep your head up and good luck!

TDF
    Good deal. Staying motivated

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by America43 View Post
      I got the dreaded email as well.....being in the USAF currently with a stellar Military record and competitive College GPA, I find myself frustrated that I did not at the very least rate an interview. One can only guess what it takes to make the cut. Good luck to all.
      Remember there are current osi enlisted agents who applied for this positon as well so military may not stand out as it would otherwise. As for college, it doesnt set people apart as much either due to people having online degrees. Everyone else i know that got an interview, including myself, have masters in a specific area/expertise they operate in.

Comment

• Entry level AFOSI openings

I have a masters in the specific area too but no interview. And I was never expecting one. From my understanding, the people who get this job are exclusively former OSI-enlisted or at the very least former military. With almost no exceptions. I don't know why they even bother opening it up to the general public. I think they should just ask for military-experience only. I think they just like to generate the buzz around PAQ. But that is what I've heard from people who have been selected. They don't know of any non-military or non-osi ever getting this position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by echat12 View Post
          I have a masters in the specific area too but no interview. And I was never expecting one. From my understanding, the people who get this job are exclusively former OSI-enlisted or at the very least former military. With almost no exceptions. I don't know why they even bother opening it up to the general public. I think they should just ask for military-experience only. I think they just like to generate the buzz around PAQ. But that is what I've heard from people who have been selected. They don't know of any non-military or non-osi ever getting this position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I'm not osi or a veteran.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleH View Post
            I'm not osi or a veteran.
            No need to rub it in...[emoji856]

Semper Gumby!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowtrain View Post
              Well, I didn't make the cut. I was invited for the interview last year, but passed on it due to a change in job roles.
              Best of luck to everyone else in the process!
              @showdowntrain check your PM inbox.

Semper Gumby!

Comment

Remember there are current osi enlisted agents who applied for this positon as well so military may not stand out as it would otherwise. As for college, it doesnt set people apart as much either due to people having online degrees. Everyone else i know that got an interview, including myself, have masters in a specific area/expertise they operate in.
                Mind if ask when your degrees are in? Would appreciate it. You can PM me if you don't want to put it here. Thanks!

Comment

• I got selected for an interview. I just have a B.A in Sociology/Criminology. I am still a little surprised that I was selected. Maybe being able to speak Vietnamese helped. However, I don't see Vietnamese as being a highly desired foreign language except for certain local LE agencies.

Comment

• Didn't get interview as well... I'm prior Marine and current OSI reserve starting CITP next week with B.A. and Korean language. Current local LEO as well...

Comment

• Originally posted by Soonerborn86 View Post
                      I got selected for an interview. I just have a B.A in Sociology/Criminology. I am still a little surprised that I was selected. Maybe being able to speak Vietnamese helped. However, I don't see Vietnamese as being a highly desired foreign language except for certain local LE agencies.
                      As a Viet speaker myself... We are about 40 years behind to be of any critical need.

Congrats on the interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by nathankim View Post
                        Didn't get interview as well... I'm prior Marine and current OSI reserve starting CITP next week with B.A. and Korean language. Current local LEO as well...
                        With those credentials how on earth were you not selected for at least an interview? That seems crazy!

Comment

• Originally posted by nathankim View Post
                          Didn't get interview as well... I'm prior Marine and current OSI reserve starting CITP next week with B.A. and Korean language. Current local LEO as well...
                          Did you check to see if maybe you didn't get selected because you can't be a reserve agent and a civlian agent at the same time with OSI?

Comment

• Yea I checked...they said it wouldn't be a problem.

Comment

• I was hoping to get the final interview schedule by the weekend so I could buy tickets but looks like that didn't happen. Anyone else pick Thursday afternoon?

Comment

I was hoping to get the final interview schedule by the weekend so I could buy tickets but looks like that didn't happen. Anyone else pick Thursday afternoon?
                                I asked for as early as possible on Thursday. The email said the applicants had until the 11th to respond. They are probably waiting for the 11th to finalize everything. To be honest, I am surprised that they gave applicants that long to notify them of their preference. You would think that everyone would respond in less than a day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9618 users online. 396 members and 9222 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X