• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "We expect to conduct the interviews either 21/22 Jan 2016
    or 28/29 Jan 2016."

Semper Gumby!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
      I guess there is always a chance that some of those who received emails inviting them to interview do not want to travel and won't interview or they don't get enough qualified people to pass the interview.

Chasing1811,
      When are the interviews taking place?

They sent out invites the 23rd. The only other invites likely to go out are if a few people declined

Comment

• Can someone link me an old opening for this? Just curious about a few things, can't seem to locate one

Comment

• https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/415900600

Semper Gumby!

Comment

• Official invites for interviews came out today.

Comment

• I received an interview invitation. To be honest, I am surprised that I was selected for an interview. During the recruiting event, there were quite a few applicants with prior federal LE experience and those with military backgrounds in intelligence or fields that required TS clearance. I think that I remember hearing they are only selecting about 50 applicants for an interview. Sounds awfully selective since I estimated that about 200 applicants showed up to the recruiting event.

Comment

• Were invites via email or phone call?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by service4others View Post
                  What about applying to the military side Officer/enlisted SA not civilian 1811 side? Anyone have any experience in that process?
                  Enlisted is the easiest way to get picked up by OSI. Although, it will still be challenging as it is sought after specialty. You would have to be a Senior Airman to apply so it's not like you can go straight in. "Eligible applicants must be in the grades of SrA and SSgt with less than 10 years of active service." Officer would be harder IMO since there are less slots. You can find additional info here:

http://www.osi.af.mil/questions/topic.asp?id=1142

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent04 View Post
                    Enlisted is the easiest way to get picked up by OSI. Although, it will still be challenging as it is sought after specialty. You would have to be a Senior Airman to apply so it's not like you can go straight in. "Eligible applicants must be in the grades of SrA and SSgt with less than 10 years of active service." Officer would be harder IMO since there are less slots. You can find additional info here:

http://www.osi.af.mil/questions/topic.asp?id=1142
                    Yup, you are lucky enough to be selected for a non-rated OTS slot as it is...apparently selection rates hover around half if you put down a job where they actually need people. OSI is the #2 requested job in the entire Air Force after being a pilot so the chances are really low of getting it.

Comment

• Originally posted by joman8390 View Post
                      Were invites via email or phone call?

Thanks
                      Email. Initial email invites were the 23 and then finalized invites were yesterday

Comment

• Just got the "Unfortunately" email. Good luck to those still in the running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Well, I didn't make the cut. I was invited for the interview last year, but passed on it due to a change in job roles.
                          Best of luck to everyone else in the process!

Comment

• I'm out as well on this one. Blessings to all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• I got the dreaded email as well.....being in the USAF currently with a stellar Military record and competitive College GPA, I find myself frustrated that I did not at the very least rate an interview. One can only guess what it takes to make the cut. Good luck to all.

Comment

• To everyone finding out they didn't make the cut...fret not.

OSI is extremely competitive, of all the military branches CI/CID agencies it is the most exclusive. It is not about who is the most qualified it is more about bringing in people with different skill sets that matters to them.

There are plenty of other agencies that are looking for fine candidates. Keep your head up and good luck!

TDF

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5209 users online. 262 members and 4947 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X