300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had 2 questions about disabled veteran status:

1. The veterans' preference points paragraphs only mention 5pts and the 10pt "less than 10%" categories.

Tentative Veterans Preference will be given to all eligible applicants who meet the criteria. To receive preference applicants must provide: Copy 4 of the DD214 reflecting an honorable discharge. To receive 10-point preference, in addition to Copy 4 of the DD-214, you must submit an SF-15, Claim for Veteran's Preference (10-point veteran), plus proof from the Department of Veterans Affairs dated within the last 12 months or from a branch of the Armed Forces, certifying to the present existence of the veteran's service-connected disability of less than 10% with your application.

The other disabled vet statuses on SF15 don't seem to be addressed.

2. Is there any place to find the actual medical standards for AFOSI civilian agents? The standards mentioned in the announcement are pretty basic. Specifically, is insulin-dependent diabetes allowed? I developed Type I diabetes and was forced to medically retire from the Army due to being non-deployable. If the AF's standards for that are different I believe I'd have no problem with the rest of it.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

I was unable to get through on the FAX. I tried over and over and over again. No dice. I was not in a position to apply via email. Anyone else had this difficulty?

Comment

I had the same issue. The fax number they provided did not work.

Comment

FPD positions are, to my knowledge, ALL civilian. I have heard a rumor that a military person has been in an fpd position before but...cant confirm that.

Comment

depends on the location...some FPDs are impossible to get, while some are consistently available to those above the gs-12/13 grade. once again, depends...DLI though is only for military....for civilian agents they are sent to DC for language training...and this applies to language coded FPD positions as well as SOGs

Comment

Originally posted by duqjeep2010 View Post
              You sound a lot like me. My father was 34 years AF retired as an O-7. I want to join OSI for mainly the FPD positions. I am working on my paperwork for OTS as well. I would like to stay civilian though just in case I would like to join the fun in say a JTTF.
              Thats great man. I was told my GPA was not high enough to apply for OTS and I don't want enlist with a degree. How long you been in the OTS process?

Comment

What exactly is FPD, looked around and didn't see anything.

I'd imagine a division or specialty within OSI.

Interesting read on this thread, meet some OSI people back in 04 ish at FLETC. If I recall they showed a video of some OSI people in a convoy being attacked via IED's...keep moving!

Originally posted by ChargersBolt View Post
                FPD positions are, to my knowledge, ALL civilian. I have heard a rumor that a military person has been in an fpd position before but...cant confirm that.

Comment

Originally posted by UD4LIFE View Post
                  What exactly is FPD, looked around and didn't see anything.

I'd imagine a division or specialty within OSI.

Interesting read on this thread, meet some OSI people back in 04 ish at FLETC. If I recall they showed a video of some OSI people in a convoy being attacked via IED's...keep moving!
                  Force Protection Detachments

http://www.seychellesweekly.com/Febr...rotection.html

From the open source article above- "FPDs are based at many US embassies worldwide to collect, coordinate and report current and relevant threat information that may affect transiting US Department of Defense personnel."

Comment

Originally posted by Nola504 View Post
                    Thats great man. I was told my GPA was not high enough to apply for OTS and I don't want enlist with a degree. How long you been in the OTS process?
                    For about 2 months. My recruiter didn't say anything about my GPA but that might be because I am in a masters program. My dad told me he would kill me if I enlisted with a degree/masters. Right now I am struggling to make weight. My recruiter keeps telling me it looks better if you make weight than if you go by body fat, even though I'm well under the bf%.

Comment

Originally posted by duqjeep2010 View Post
                      For about 2 months. My recruiter didn't say anything about my GPA but that might be because I am in a masters program. My dad told me he would kill me if I enlisted with a degree/masters. Right now I am struggling to make weight. My recruiter keeps telling me it looks better if you make weight than if you go by body fat, even though I'm well under the bf%.
                      Good luck with that. I missed the application window for this announcement but I'm keeping my eye open for the PAQ and future postings.

Comment

Do you guys think there will still be a lot of available deployments to Iraq and Afgan after the draw downs are complete? I know well still have a rather large presence in bot but im unsure of the amount of AFOSI/CID and such we'd have over there. Also how long must you be an agent before you deploy over to a combat zone? I did 3 tours in Iraq back in my Army days so i dont mind deploying at all and would love to go over there for 3-6 months at a time when my wife goes TDY for schools.
                        We will be there as long as there are Air Force people/stuff on the ground. When it's all said and done, the Trainers and advisors will turn off the lights as the last people out. Then we will unscrew the lightbulb and take the Ice Cube trays when we leave (some time after that). Also look for FPD's in the Warzone countries when it's over.

CID does not have the wartime mission we have.

You will have to be off probation which is 12-18 months, before deploying.

There have been 3 Enlisted FPD missions, this was driven by language skills and lack of Civilian Volunteers. Now OSI is ONLY sending CIV folks to FPD's. Until we change our mind again...

and I can't claim to be M-11, not even close, I'm afraid...)
                        Now now, I put my pants on just like you do. One leg at a time. Then, my pants and I go out and teach Agents to dismantle terrorist cells. The only thing harder than being this modest is being this modest, while being unbelievibly awesome...

M-11
                        “All men dream...... But not equally..
                        Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                        but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                        for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Then, my pants and I go out and teach Agents to dismantle terrorist cells.
                          What's a man without his pants?
                          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

M-11

I wanted to see what you thought of my work experience and to provide some input of my chances of getting hired.

I have my B.S. in criminal justice and have been working in Juvenile Probation the past 3 1/2 years. We are considered Peace officers only in the line of duty and we have arrest authority only over probationers. I am an armed officer as well. Most of the work is more social work but I do field work and have worked with other LE dpeartments in arrests. I have done numerous arrests, written countless reports and testified in Court numerous times. I am in Court constantly for violators of probation etc.

I'm still young but am just trying to get an opportunity to get in Federal LE. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for answering all of our questions.

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
                              CID does not have the wartime mission we have.
                              Perhaps not the same as yours........but they do have a wartime mission.....

Comment

Perhaps not the same as yours........but they do have a wartime mission.....
                                True, they do have a mission, but it is not CI like ours is.

M-11
                                “All men dream...... But not equally..
                                Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                                but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                                for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7467 users online. 338 members and 7129 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X