300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
    I would just show up. How could they verify that you are not an alum?

TDF
    From what I saw on the USC website and the other schools websites is you have to RSVP and then they check your name at the door. Only way to RSVP is to have a school email that allows you to access the RSVP part of the career fair webpage

Comment

• I received this response about the announcement:

"Thank you for your interest in OSI!

I apologize if this caused you stress, the announcement is only down for updates. It will be back up in the near future. Your decision to apply after you attend the recruiting event is spot on.

Please bring your resume and any questions you have to the recruiting event. Keep in mind the resume you provide will not be the resume you apply with, so you should keep it short
      BPA -
      Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
      TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• ----------
        Last edited by em.en; 09-24-2015, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
          I received this response about the announcement:

"Thank you for your interest in OSI!

I apologize if this caused you stress, the announcement is only down for updates. It will be back up in the near future. Your decision to apply after you attend the recruiting event is spot on.

Please bring your resume and any questions you have to the recruiting event. Keep in mind the resume you provide will not be the resume you apply with, so you should keep it short
          That is very good advice to anyone going to any of the events. If the above is true (and no reason to believe it is not), they just want a brief summary, not a detailed USAJobs style resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
            That is very good advice to anyone going to any of the events. If the above is true (and no reason to believe it is not), they just want a brief summary, not a detailed USAJobs style resume.
            Honestly, I'm pretty sure they just want something to prove that you were there. I wouldn't hand in unedited garbage, but the USAJobs resume is what counts, I think.

Talked to a rep from OSI, and he said just to show up to USC's event. OSI was under the impression that it is open to the public, so if we have trouble getting in, they'll deal with that issue after.

Comment

• Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post
              Honestly, I'm pretty sure they just want something to prove that you were there. I wouldn't hand in unedited garbage, but the USAJobs resume is what counts, I think.

Talked to a rep from OSI, and he said just to show up to USC's event. OSI was under the impression that it is open to the public, so if we have trouble getting in, they'll deal with that issue after.
              Awesome. Go for it!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Anyone have a lead on how to get into the GMU event next month. They also have a registration tied to their school email system. If I should just contact AFOSI, is there a convenient list of recruiters like the BATFE? I haven't found one yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokinghole View Post
                  Anyone have a lead on how to get into the GMU event next month. They also have a registration tied to their school email system. If I should just contact AFOSI, is there a convenient list of recruiters like the BATFE? I haven't found one yet.
                  I went to GMU last year for AFOSI. You dont need to register, just show up.

TDF

Comment

Anyone have a lead on how to get into the GMU event next month. They also have a registration tied to their school email system. If I should just contact AFOSI, is there a convenient list of recruiters like the BATFE? I haven't found one yet.
                    I agree with TDF. My email to the OSI rep was specific to USC, but his answer seems applicable to any event. I think OSI specifically chooses events that are accessible to the public, and if you get there and have an issue with getting in the event, OSI should work with you after to ensure you can apply.

Comment

• Originally posted by FutRTrPR View Post
                      Yes. It asked if you had. Let us know if you find out anything

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                      I got a notification that the vacancy has been cancelled due to an administrative error. It will be reposted from 9/17 to 11/2. Everybody can chill out. They aren't going to close it early and they won't close it until all the job fairs occur.

Comment

• Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post

I ran into this issue once before. Grabbed a name-tag from someone leaving the event and walked right in past the registration table.

Comment

I think I'll just flash my badge and creds..hahaha

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• GMU is going to have a good job fair this year..

Comment

• First challenge in becoming in OSI 1811 is to be able to infiltrate a fall career fall at GMU in VA, which might be open to students only. If you can't complete this easy task, you are hopeless.

Kidding, mostly. Although, in the past, it used to be open to anyone and not just students and alumnis. See you at the fair.

Also, found this today while browsing the GMU career fair site. Looks like they might have other agency representatives there.

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/4th-annu...ts-17353545923

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
                                First challenge in becoming in OSI 1811 is to be able to infiltrate a fall career fall at GMU in VA, which might be open to students only. If you can't complete this easy task, you are hopeless.

Kidding, mostly. Although, in the past, it used to be open to anyone and not just students and alumnis. See you at the fair.

Also, found this today while browsing the GMU career fair site. Looks like they might have other agency representatives there.

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/4th-annu...ts-17353545923
                                Just called the number and the lady said you can register for 1330-1500 to speak with DEA,ATF, FAMs, CIA and Secret Service.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5049 users online. 274 members and 4775 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X