Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new posting on USAJOBS just popped up for entry-level at the GL-7 level: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/415162300. I'm not sure how one would apply, as the announcement says "You must attend a Recruitment Event" to apply, but there is no information in the announcement about how to attend a recruitment event.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
      A new posting on USAJOBS just popped up for entry-level at the GL-7 level: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/415162300. I'm not sure how one would apply, as the announcement says "You must attend a Recruitment Event" to apply, but there is no information in the announcement about how to attend a recruitment event.
      Looks like this a recruitment program for college students....

Comment

• It's open to anyone you just have to attend a recruiting event which are at college around the country.

In the application, it will ask a question about which event you intend to attend. I believe it will listen them. Typically they select people who have skills they need and this will mostly consist of people with work experience.

TDF

Comment

• Look at this for the PAQ event explanation and dates

http://www.osi.af.mil/questions/civilians/

Comment

• Originally posted by ca_vet View Post
            Looks like this a recruitment program for college students....
            It could be, but nothing in the announcement requires an applicant be a student. I just threw this out there for anyone that doesn't mind the GL-7 paygrade and is looking for an 1811 job. From what I can tell, it is essentially a full-time, permanent gig (so long as you don't screw up), just a different way about getting the job.

Comment

• Well, unless you are in (or willing to travel to) LA, San Antonio, Fairfaix, Montgomery, or Colorado Springs, you can't apply. Thanks to Forza for the link.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
                Well, unless you are in (or willing to travel to) LA, San Antonio, Fairfaix, Montgomery, or Colorado Springs, you can't apply. Thanks to Forza for the link.
                That's the whole point of PAQ. That is how it has always been with this program. Last year, people from all over were at the event I attended. I figured I didn't stand much of a chance when I overheard the woman in front of me talking about her experience as a current enlisted OSI agent.

Comment

• Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post
                  That's the whole point of PAQ. That is how it has always been with this program. Last year, people from all over were at the event I attended. I figured I didn't stand much of a chance when I overheard the woman in front of me talking about her experience as a current enlisted OSI agent.
                  I made it to the interview portion of the PAQ. Out of the 12 or 15 of us there were about 4 or 5 current 1811s.

Comment

• double post
                    Last edited by ForzaMilan; 09-10-2015, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• And from my experience, these OSI PAQ events usually get around 200 applicants apply to them. Regardless of how long the lines are at the recruiting booths, most people seem to not fully apply when the announcement happens. So out of 200, 30 or 40 seem to get invited to the interviews, and 13 make it to FLETC . The odds are similar with the other agencies, in my opinion.

But go talk to the recruiters if you can. I am impressed, everytime I speak with them. They really seem to be a squared away agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
                        And from my experience, these OSI PAQ events usually get around 200 applicants apply to them. Regardless of how long the lines are at the recruiting booths, most people seem to not fully apply when the announcement happens. So out of 200, 30 or 40 seem to get invited to the interviews, and 13 make it to FLETC . The odds are similar with the other agencies, in my opinion.

But go talk to the recruiters if you can. I am impressed, everytime I speak with them. They really seem to be a squared away agency.
                        And very unique, too! Their main recruiter (who isn't an agent), Steve, is a really cool guy, too. Responsive to emails and everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by AGInvestigator View Post
                          I made it to the interview portion of the PAQ. Out of the 12 or 15 of us there were about 4 or 5 current 1811s.
                          Sounds about right.

Comment

• Originally posted by AGInvestigator View Post
                            Did you interview in HQ or your home state?

Comment

• Does anybody on here have experience in applying for this job.

If so what's the hiring process?
                              App on USAJOBS, interview, poly, pysch, physical, etc. Also, what can you expect at the recruitment sessions?

Comment

• Originally posted by federal30 View Post
                                Does anybody on here have experience in applying for this job.

If so what's the hiring process?
                                App on USAJOBS, interview, poly, pysch, physical, etc. Also, what can you expect at the recruitment sessions?
                                Can't speak for the process; from what I've read, it's recruitment session, referral for interview, then selection (I think a group of primary candidates are selected along with some secondary ones in case a primary doesn't make it through the background process or something). Some others on here should be able to speak about that in more detail though.

The recruitment session, which usually takes place at a college career fair, is very informal. You pretty much just wait in line to get a rundown of the job/agency, ask any questions you have, and hand in your resume. After handing in your resume, you apply through USAJobs like every other job.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7995 users online. 362 members and 7633 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X