Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAQ, sorry that I didn't clarify.

Comment

• PAQ results came out yesterday, PM me if your a primary.

Comment

• Originally posted by LE View Post
        PAQ results came out yesterday, PM me if your a primary.
        I just found this thread but I got the email on Friday notifying me that I'm a primary as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
          Do you mind posting your rating? Also it seems they are on timeline interviews are suppose to go down in Jan/Feb with Jun academy dates.

TDF

AF officer for 10 years, engineer with contracting and procurement experience, bilingual, no LEO experience
          Last edited by m056876; 03-09-2015, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• Already heard from two other primary PAQ candidates, any others out there? Know there's 7 others.

Comment

• Primary as well! PM me

Comment

• Originally posted by OHNINJA View Post
                Primary as well! PM me
                Congrats! Tired to PM you, but your PMs may not be turned on or working. Shoot me something if you can.

Comment

• Not sure why my messages are not working. Looks like everything is set up correctly. I did send you a pm back Nothing Fancy

Comment

• Same, unable to PM you. Maybe we should figure out another communication path so we can share info with one another.

Just email you OHNINJA
                    Last edited by LE; 03-16-2015, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LE View Post
                      Same, unable to PM you. Maybe we should figure out another communication path so we can share info with one another.

Just email you OHNINJA
                      I'm in contact by email with everyone but you right now, LE. If everyone's comfortable with it, we can start a group email and take things off of the forum if that's easier...and I think it is.

Comment

• Then there were 4. Any other of the 10 out there?

Comment

• I am thinking about going the commissioned officer route for SA OSI. Anyone know how that is any different than the civilian GS 1811 job and enlisted SA? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by service4others View Post
                            I am thinking about going the commissioned officer route for SA OSI. Anyone know how that is any different than the civilian GS 1811 job and enlisted SA? Thanks.
                            I know they recently converted a bunch of the commissioned officer SA OSI slots to enlisted SA OSI slots, so you may have some issues there. I also remember reading or hearing somewhere that in order to be considered for a commissioned officer SA OSI slot you had to be a fully qualified SA (CITP and OSI) to be considered for the position. I would try to get into the enlisted SA OSI spot if you qualify, though you need to be at least an E-5 for them to consider you.

Comment

I am thinking about going the commissioned officer route for SA OSI. Anyone know how that is any different than the civilian GS 1811 job and enlisted SA? Thanks.
                              The biggest differences I can think of off the top of my head: freedom and pay.

If you accept a commission, you are then subject to the UCMJ and any other Air Force policies that are for military members. Most of the stuff they require aren't really that bad, but you may run into issues as a military officer that you won't as a civilian SA.

Additionally, pay. You'll get paid a lot more as a civilian SA than you will as a commissioned AF officer. A 6th year SA that started as a 9 will be making around $121k in DC. Assuming you are good enough to make Captain in 6 years, your total salary (including housing allowance) would be around $93,000.

Comment

I believe that the current standards require all officers to already be fully qualified (CITP and OSI Specific Training) to be eligible.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8882 users online. 402 members and 8480 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X