Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From everything I gleened from the event, the USAjobs resume is the only one that matters. The one you turned in at the event was part of the admin drill.

Comment

• Anyone going to the CA event tomorrow?

Comment

• Did anyone have to enter a code? I was under impression we had to and wanted to make sure I didn't miss it. It just asked if you attended the listed fairs, so I am sure they will look for your name. I was also expecting to have to write a narrative for parts where you rated D or above like other applications, but just had to select letter. Thanks for any input and good luck to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by copperstate View Post
          Anyone going to the CA event tomorrow?
          I was there. There were a few current feds flying. There was an 1811 (didn't catch what agency) applying, willing to take the pay cut from GS-11. Are people really sick enough of their agency to take a pay cut like that for a few years? There are thousands trying to get on with any agency possible as an 1811, so it's just odd to me. Anyone on here trying to go from one 1811 position to this one with a pay cut?

Comment

• Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post
            I was there. There were a few current feds flying. There was an 1811 (didn't catch what agency) applying, willing to take the pay cut from GS-11. Are people really sick enough of their agency to take a pay cut like that for a few years? There are thousands trying to get on with any agency possible as an 1811, so it's just odd to me. Anyone on here trying to go from one 1811 position to this one with a pay cut?
            HSI hired a ton at the end of the last decade. A large majority of those guys ended up on the southwest border with no way out. A lot of them are applying to any 1811 job along with non-1811 jobs to get out. On another forum I read about one HSI agent applying to the NOAA uniformed officer gig and that is not even 6c covered. DSS has been hiring a lot over the last 10 years and they have huge turnover. I interviewed with AFOSI a while back and there were several DSS agents and this was for GS 7 and GS 9 positions.

I think it is a lot harder these days to move around even if you already are an 1811 due to the large amounts of people trying to jump ship.

Comment

• Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post
              I was one of the current feds there... And Im sure glad I got there early, because there were a ton of people in line behind me. The LAPD and San Diego PD recruiters couldn't figure out what the attraction was.... nobody talked to them in the hour I was there, I kinda felt bad for them.

Anybody else notice that the only people there wearing suits were at the OSI table?

Comment

• Originally posted by copperstate View Post
                I was one of the current feds there... And Im sure glad I got there early, because there were a ton of people in line behind me. The LAPD and San Diego PD recruiters couldn't figure out what the attraction was.... nobody talked to them in the hour I was there, I kinda felt bad for them.

Anybody else notice that the only people there wearing suits were at the OSI table?
                Do you mind me asking what agency you're currently with?

And yeah, I got here relatively early too. It was good to see two more OSI reps pop up. At first, it was just the one recruiter, so I was expecting to be waiting in line for a lot longer than I had to.

Comment

• Anyone hear anything yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by hmt2011 View Post
                    Anyone hear anything yet?
                    I have a feeling it's gonna be awhile.

Comment

• Last year everything was delayed 1 month from their timeline.

Comment

• Just got a notice of results email for the Palace Acquire vacancy. I got issued a rating of 99. Good luck to you all.

Comment

• NORs out today and language proficiency tests next month. Anybody else?

I wonder if HS spanish with enough language skill to not die in a spanish speaking country could pull off a 1+?

Comment

• Originally posted by NothingFancy View Post
                            NORs out today and language proficiency tests next month. Anybody else?

I wonder if HS spanish with enough language skill to not die in a spanish speaking country could pull off a 1+?
                            Do you mind posting your rating? Also it seems they are on timeline interviews are suppose to go down in Jan/Feb with Jun academy dates.

TDF

Comment

• I received my score as well, a 96. Apparently they are only recruiting at the 7 level. I don't know if a 96 will be strong enough to get an interview. We'll see. I do speak Spanish at the 3 level, so hopefully that will get me some brownie points.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
                                Do you mind posting your rating? Also it seems they are on timeline interviews are suppose to go down in Jan/Feb with Jun academy dates.

TDF
                                JUNE? Is that fast for PAQ? I feel like past years were 12 months or more to make it on the final cleared list.
                                Last edited by NothingFancy; 04-11-2015, 06:18 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9337 users online. 320 members and 9017 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X