• Is this like NCIS but for zoomies?

Comment

• Yes AF NCIS equivalent

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowtrain View Post
        That was an interesting line at GMU.
        What happened?

Comment

• Attended the event at GMU today. The line was a 30min wait for me. I talked to a few college students who were shot-gunning resumes at every booth. The agent I talked with really impressed me, however this will be really competitive. 10 slots available! I would speculate 150+ applicants at the event today. I talked to a FAM and USSS-SA while waiting in line.

Good Luck,
          Last edited by TopGun87; 10-02-2014, 07:07 PM.
          The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• Anyone want to take a shot at explaining why the Washington D.C event was crowded while the Denver event only had 6 people show up over an hour?!
            Last edited by titoCA321; 10-02-2014, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NothingFancy View Post
              What happened?
              Lots of people. I'm personally not a fan of career fairs. Plenty of people saying they are of so and and so agency or did this/that. Maybe it's just the area. Seems to be a DC thing that people tend to talk about themselves.

Originally posted by titoCA321 View Post
              Anyone want to take a shot at explaining why the Washington D.C event was crowded while the Denver event only had 6 people show up over an hour?!
              My guesss is well... GMU is a pretty decent school, people trying to get into LEO work, and then people trying to jump ship.

Comment

• Anyone want to take a shot at explaining why the Washington D.C event was crowded while the Denver event only had 6 people show up over an hour?!

Because the job announcement came out on the 1st, giving all the undesirable agency 1811s in DC a chance to jump ship. I beat the results would have been different if the announcement came out afterwards.

Comment

• I'll take a better guess. DC is literally the hub for federal employment. Most agency HQs are here. Not only that the area is known for being the home of a large population of young, educated professionals who would love a crack at OSI or any other 1811 gig for that matter. Add that to the fact that it's on the East Coast (lots of major cities within driving range) and the abundance of LEO organizations in the DMV (last I checked there were 56-ish in DC alone) equals lots of people shooting for one of ten spots. Just my two cents.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlwaysReady2000 View Post
                    I'll take a better guess. DC is literally the hub for federal employment. Most agency HQs are here. Not only that the area is known for being the home of a large population of young, educated professionals who would love a crack at OSI or any other 1811 gig for that matter. Add that to the fact that it's on the East Coast (lots of major cities within driving range) and the abundance of LEO organizations in the DMV (last I checked there were 56-ish in DC alone) equals lots of people shooting for one of ten spots. Just my two cents.
                    I am more inclined to buy this. Back when I was an undergrad out in West Coast, many of the Federal Agencies didn't attract lines of interest. There was interest no doubt, but during my years as a college student, I never saw hoards of lines at the career fairs of LEO organizations.

Comment

• I'll take a stab at this as well, since I was at the University of Colorado-Denver event. The job fair was small, very small. I've been to many job fairs when I was an undergrad, and this was the smallest job fair I've ever seen. There were 20 employers there at the most. The AFOSI booth was the most popular booth there, but they were the only federal agency attending. So, when there were 6 people at the booth at any given time, it was pretty crowded.

Comment

• Originally posted by LE View Post
                        Because the job announcement came out on the 1st, giving all the undesirable agency 1811s in DC a chance to jump ship. I beat the results would have been different if the announcement came out afterwards.
                        I can refute this. In past years, I have attended the DC fair and the San Antonio fair. The DC fair back then (even without USAJobs announcement) was EXTREMELY crowded.... the line looped around the room. If memory serves me right it was at least 45 mins, maybe an hour, to get to the front of the line.

I went to the DC fair that year because it was the most convenient to fly into... could fly into Reagan and take the metro subway. GWU has a campus shuttle bus that picks up from the metro stop and also drops you off at the on campus hotel. Then, could walk the next day from the on campus hotel to the career fair. I flew in that night and left the next afternoon.

The year I went to San Antonio was also pretty crowded. I arrived early and everyone waiting outside was waiting for OSI. I stood in line for at least between 30 minutes to an hour in SA.

Comment

• Alright finished the USAjobs application. As stated previously there is an entire section devoted to cyber and information systems knowledge. Both of those are not my strong point but oh well.

Now just to wait until Nov-Dec for them to tell you if you made an interview or possibly Jan-Feb will be when they tell you.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
                            Alright finished the USAjobs application. As stated previously there is an entire section devoted to cyber and information systems knowledge. Both of those are not my strong point but oh well.

Now just to wait until Nov-Dec for them to tell you if you made an interview or possibly Jan-Feb will be when they tell you.
                            Is there also a section asking about foreign language abilities as well?

Comment

• @TitoCA321 Yes they do ask about language.

Comment

• Anyone know if it matters if the resume we hand in matches the one we submit through USAJobs? Do they even look at the hard copy that is handed in at the recruiting events, or is that just a formality so they can determine who visited one of the events?

The resumes I hand in won't be awfully different, but knowing me, I'll make some last minute changes in between the time I hand it in at the event and the time I submit the application on USAJobs.

Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8992 users online. 424 members and 8568 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X