Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty sure you can start a CID thread if you guys want to go further into it...

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBulls View Post
      Interesting. The list I have is a little different:

Andrews AFB, MD
      Lackland AFB, TX
      Wright Patterson AFB, OH
      Peterson AFB, CO
      Eglin AFB, FL
      Langley AFB, VA
      Minot AFB, ND
      Sheppard AFB, TX
      Hill AFB, UT
      Travis AFB, CA

They did say that the announcement will open after October 1st. But there are still 2 PAQ events in October. So, is it possible that there will be two seperate announcements, with the 1st announcement being for the individuals who attended the first 2 PAQ events and the second announcement being for the individuals who attended the last two PAQ events?
      My bad that's from the 2013 vacancy. Looks like they will change it up this go around if you have different locations.
      The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• That is pretty quick.

Did they give any mention of where the interviews will be conducted? Do you apply for just the locations you want, or how are they going to pick who-goes-where?

Damn...I was hoping for Nellis. Oh well.
        Last edited by copperstate; 09-30-2014, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• It says that the "locations to be determined" for interviews. As far as applying for locations, I was told you must choose all locations, in order to be considered for this PAQ announcement. If you receive a final offer, then they will allow you to choose your location, if it's still available. Of course, everything is based on "needs of the Air Force".

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBulls View Post
            I was at the recruiting even last week in Denver. When I was there, there were about 6 other people who showed up to turn in their resume. I was there when they first opened at 11am and stayed and chatted for about an hour. I don't know how many others showed up after me. They gave us a list with 10 locations that they are hiring for this PAQ year. Common sense would say that they are hiring 1 for each location. However, the agents there did not have an exact number.
            Thanks for sharing this info!

Comment

• USAJobs announcement is up.

Comment

• Damn...I was hoping they wouldn't post it until AFTER all the career fairs...

Comment

• Are not all the career fairs in October? Hence you will be able to apply to annoucement once you visit the career fair? I will be at GMU tomorrow if I can find anything out I will.

Comment

• I'll be at GMU tomorrow, just pulled into DC for the evening. Does anyone have a location preference off the job announcement released today?

Comment

• They are the same locations that I already posted....

Comment

• Alright just finished up at GMU. OSI had the longest line in the house. My read between the lines is that most of those applying are fresh college grads or prior enlisted guys who just got their degrees.

There is only one job annoucement. If you go to the career far you can apply. Nov-Dec resume review/scoring. Jan-Feb interviews. Mar-May BI. Jun-Aug begin employment. 6 months of training and auto promote to GS-12 abs eventually 13 once you get your permenant position.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
                          Alright just finished up at GMU. OSI had the longest line in the house. My read between the lines is that most of those applying are fresh college grads or prior enlisted guys who just got their degrees.

There is only one job annoucement. If you go to the career far you can apply. Nov-Dec resume review/scoring. Jan-Feb interviews. Mar-May BI. Jun-Aug begin employment. 6 months of training and auto promote to GS-12 abs eventually 13 once you get your permenant position.
                          Thanks for the update. Looks like that's the demographic for this PAL program them. Fresh college grads and recently graduating veterans. Makes sense since they are recruiting college fairs? Any hints as to what skills/experience/education they are looking for? Such as specific foreign languages, IT, accounting, military experience, law degree, graduate degree and etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
                            Alright just finished up at GMU. OSI had the longest line in the house. My read between the lines is that most of those applying are fresh college grads or prior enlisted guys who just got their degrees.

That's what I got out of the PAQ event I went to. Most were recent college grads, but 1 other guy besides me, was a current FLEO. Also, I spoke with one of the new PAQ agents (from the 2012 event) and he was a former FAM. He told me there were 2 former ICE guys in his PAQ class as well. As far as what they are looking for, from the USAJobs announcement it seems as though they are looking for individuals with language ability and computer/cyber guys. There were quite a few questions on the assessment pertaining to those two things. I guess we will wait and see.

Comment

• Based on the demographic if you have a masters, Intel, sof, language, investigative and or cyber experience you probably have a good chance for an interview. As far as what they are looking for the only thing they said always gives you an advantage is language ability. They specifically stated they like diverse backgrounds.

Comment

• That was an interesting line at GMU.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8680 users online. 395 members and 8285 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X