Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I myself, have 6 years of Fed LEO experience and am 3/4 of the way through my Master's. I should be done with it by the time they start interviewing. Here's to hoping.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBulls View Post
      I myself, have 6 years of Fed LEO experience and am 3/4 of the way through my Master's. I should be done with it by the time they start interviewing. Here's to hoping.
      I'll be finishing my undergrad this year. I'm almost 22 with no prior (sworn) LE experience or military experience.

Yaaaayyyyy.....

Comment

• Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post
        I'll be finishing my undergrad this year. I'm almost 22 with no prior (sworn) LE experience or military experience.

Yaaaayyyyy.....
        Aspiring_fed,

I know Army CID has implemented a pilot hiring program where you have the option of directly enlisting in CID as an agent. I know they have a couple prereqs.

http://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jo...ial-agent.html

Might want to look into it.

Comment

• e: no longer needed.
          Last edited by mannimal; 02-11-2016, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AGInvestigator View Post
            Aspiring_fed,

I know Army CID has implemented a pilot hiring program where you have the option of directly enlisting in CID as an agent. I know they have a couple prereqs.

Wow, had no idea about this. Thanks! Looks like I meet the requirements. Not to take this thread off track, but does anyone have info on the CID program (i.e. how competitive it is)?
            Last edited by aspiring_fed; 09-21-2014, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• I am 5 year military with intel, investigative, and SOF exp. This so far has made me very competitive for 1811. Guess we will see how far it takes me

Comment

• Originally posted by AGInvestigator View Post
                Aspiring_fed,

I'm going to have to look into this after the recruitment event.
                I've always thought about going the military route, seems like a great route to go getting both military and investigative experience.
                I thought Army CID you had to be an officer.... Hmm.

Side note, for the AFOSI resume,
                I have a pretty well constructed bullet type format resume, should I change it over to an outline format? Or does that not truly matter at the initial event?

I sure hope I'm somewhat competitive.
                I have my masters and two years of FLEO.
                Proficient in a foreign language and have some experience in intel work.

I got the chance to talk with a few of the AFOSI guys at FLETC and they were a solid group. I still kick myself for pulling out of the AF OTS process, but maybe this is a chance to make it back to the AF. We'll see.

Comment

• Shadow, I believe as long as you have a USAjobs style resume you should be good. Remember to list accomplishments as well as responsibilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowtrain View Post
                    I'm going to have to look into this after the recruitment event.
                    I've always thought about going the military route, seems like a great route to go getting both military and investigative experience.
                    I thought Army CID you had to be an officer.... Hmm.

Side note, for the AFOSI resume,
                    I have a pretty well constructed bullet type format resume, should I change it over to an outline format? Or does that not truly matter at the initial event?

I sure hope I'm somewhat competitive.
                    I have my masters and two years of FLEO.
                    Proficient in a foreign language and have some experience in intel work.

I got the chance to talk with a few of the AFOSI guys at FLETC and they were a solid group. I still kick myself for pulling out of the AF OTS process, but maybe this is a chance to make it back to the AF. We'll see.

The Army CID opening link to the army website has an X next to the entry level part. I am not sure what that means when it says entry level but from what I know you cannot enlist and go straight to 1811. You have to work MP at least first, but who knows anymore. I could be wrong.

Comment

• not sure why it is not open to officers either?? You would think they need officers for command positions? I am not sure if they leave the command positions or leadership positions for the civilian side to run??

Comment

• I will be at GMU on thursday to turn in my resume. Anyone else going to the there?

Comment

Originally posted by service4others View Post
                          not sure why it is not open to officers either?? You would think they need officers for command positions? I am not sure if they leave the command positions or leadership positions for the civilian side to run??
                          I'm guessing they need more worker-bees than managers, however remember CID is a lateral position that you generally apply to after your first enlistment. This pilot program is an exception. Also, CID doesn't have an officer equivalent only warrant officer. If I'm not mistaken commands are run by any specialty of the officer cadre and if you know anything about command positions it's all about who you know. I know there are some resident CID Agents on the forum that can expound on those points. I'm sure commands aren't run by civilians sorry to divert the forum conversation.
                          Last edited by TopGun87; 09-29-2014, 12:25 PM.
                          The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• Just to run this down so to speak for you all that have questions. Army CID units are commanded by commissioned officers in the Military Police Branch. Now MP Officers only command the units administratively and somewhat operationally. Commissioned officers do not supervise investigations, CID warrant officers and senior noncommissioned officers do. It really is a warrant and SNCO run community.

Up until recently you usually did one enlistment in MP and then applied for the CID agent position. If selected you go to the CID school in Leonard Wood and are now permanently in CID. After a few more years you can apply to become a CID warrant and then go through all the various schools that entails.

Comment

• Originally posted by service4others View Post
                              The Army CID opening link to the army website has an X next to the entry level part. I am not sure what that means when it says entry level but from what I know you cannot enlist and go straight to 1811. You have to work MP at least first, but who knows anymore. I could be wrong.
                              You're usually right, but this new pilot program (if you scroll down) means you can enlist and go straight to a CID agent. It's not an 1811, as that's only a civilian position, but it's the military equivalent.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
                                I will be at GMU on thursday to turn in my resume. Anyone else going to the there?
                                Let us know how it goes TheDamonFactor.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6851 users online. 297 members and 6554 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X