Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive Mental Attitude! The key to all of my success thus far.

Comment

• Historically, the PAQ Program hired approximately 10 new agents each year that equals 3 agents per hiring event. It's really competitive, however the interview will make or break you.
      The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• So really the interview with the recruiters makes or breaks you? I personnally like those odds. Anyone know how long it takes to find out if you will be moving on in the process?

Comment

• Not the interview with the recruiters at the career fairs, but the interview in the hiring process. It takes a couple months at least from the time you submit your application to the vacancy on USAJOBS to find out if you will proceed.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
            Historically, the PAQ Program hired approximately 10 new agents each year that equals 3 agents per hiring event. It's really competitive, however the interview will make or break you.
            Sad thing is, this is less competitive than other 1811 opportunities. The number of applicants is cut down due to the requirement to attend an event.

Comment

• Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post
              Sad thing is, this is less competitive than other 1811 opportunities. The number of applicants is cut down due to the requirement to attend an event.
              Couldn't agree more with that statement. I am extremely competitive in just the regular hiring processes but this might be easier to recognized and/or hired faster.

Comment

• Here you guys go, this is feedback from last year; start prepping your resume now.

We received numerous requests for feedback on why applicants weren't selected
                for an interview or things you could do to make yourself more competitive next
                time. Unfortunately, we don't have the resources to provide individual
                feedback. There were over 250 applicants and only 35 were offered an
                interview. As in years past, the quality of the applicant pool was VERY GOOD
                and that's why the process was so competitive.

However, I have listed some observations from our panel members that may be
                helpful.

- The majority of those selected for interviews had master's degrees
                - Don't feel obligated to keep your resume to a single page - a common mistake
                - List your college grad dates (mo/yr); if a future date, give projected date
                - Some resumes listed generic job descriptions vs. specific accomplishments of
                the applicants
                - Some resumes used a lot of job-specific jargon
                - Link your attributes/experience to duties of a federal criminal investigator
                (if applicable)
                - Expound on your experience; state how it will help you as an OSI agent
                - Explain leadership roles you've had: coach, team captain, scout leader,
                event coordinator, social club president, shift leader, project leader, etc.
                -- Expound on those roles: # of people you led, problems solved,
                accomplishments of your team, etc.
                - Explain situations where you've worked as part of a team; your role on the
                team (if relevant)
                - Explain your communication skills (oral and writing); public speaking
                experience
                - Successes you've had (Employee of the quarter/year, promotions at work,
                etc.)
                -- Even small signs of progress matter (i.e. French fry maker to shift
                leader at a fast food restaurant)
                - Provide evidence that you've excelled: Dean's list, scholarships, awards
                you've won, etc.
                - Expound on anything you've done outside of college (jobs, internships, etc.)
                - Did you have to work your way through college? If so, does your resume tell
                that story?
                - Do you have a good GPA? If so, highlight it.

These are not intended to be a comprehensive list and some of them may not
                apply to you. Please keep in mind there were many high quality applicants and
                that's a variable you can't control. All you can influence for future
                applications is your experience and education-and how well your resume tells
                your story.

I appreciate your continued interest in opportunities with AFOSI and look
                forward to seeing your name during next year's process. I'm not sure if we
                will have another entry level announcement before the PAQ program next year,
                but it's doubtful. Keep your eyes on our website because if we post an
                announcement, we will tell you about it there.

Best wishes in future endeavors,

Comment

• My resume is ready to go for Monday. I touched on all of these key points. Thanks for the info!!!

Comment

• DaBulls good luck on Monday! Please let me know how it goes and what to expect. I will be attending the GMU event on 02OCT.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBulls View Post
                      My resume is ready to go for Monday. I touched on all of these key points. Thanks for the info!!!
                      The event will be just a Q and A designed to answer questions and hand in a hard copy resume. This resume is solely used to confirm attendance and will not be evaluated for the position. Sometime at the end of Oct/beginning of Nov an announcement will be put on USAjobs, this is the resume that will count!

Comment

• AJ, I assume you have experience in this process or are you working for OSI?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
                          AJ, I assume you have experience in this process or are you working for OSI?
                          I was one of the individuals NOT selected for the interview from last year; I just got accepted for the HSI program.

Comment

• I have made it to the interview portion twice. Once I was not selected after the interview and the other time I withdrew from the process before my interview. It is a tough process and the quality of the people at my interview was very high.

Comment

• Would you guys mind posting your basic background or PMing me with it just would like to see where I stand so to speak. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
                                Would you guys mind posting your basic background or PMing me with it just would like to see where I stand so to speak. Thanks!
                                4 years Federal LEO experience and was about half way through my Masters degree and had language points

At my interview there was a DSS agent, a lot of former military officers/enlisted, one guy from a State Investigative agency, and few local cops.
                                Last edited by AGInvestigator; 09-19-2014, 07:40 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9320 users online. 460 members and 8860 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X