Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, from that I assume that the resume you submit when you apply to the actual announcement is expected to be a bit different from the one you initially drop off. In that you are given guidance as to how to frame your experience and what should be included.
    Good stuff!

Comment

• The way I understand it is that they will grade and score the resumes that are received on usajobs, then call the people they score high for interviews. I talked with the HR person and the agents at the fair to get some ideas about what they are looking for, or what part of my experience to highlight. I assume it will be the same this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
        Right, you have to go in person and leave a resume with them, so when you apply online, they know that you were at the fair. They gave everyone an announcement number for the PAQ event, so when they opened the announcement, we could apply.
        Did you receive an announcement number unique to you? I didn't receive anything unique at the GMU fair. Just trying to make sure my ducks are in order as the announcement posted this morning and I dont want to have missed an important step.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/353043600

Comment

• Originally posted by Twerkman View Post
          Did you receive an announcement number unique to you? I didn't receive anything unique at the GMU fair. Just trying to make sure my ducks are in order as the announcement posted this morning and I dont want to have missed an important step.
          If you attended the GMU fair, [edit] Check your e-mail.
          Last edited by divinefalcon; 10-09-2013, 01:15 PM.
          View snapshot of public entry-level 1811 positions here:
          http://GS-1811.appspot.com

Comment

• Wondering if anyone that attended one of the three job fairs has heard from OSI?

Comment

• I haven't heard anything yet.

Comment

• Target date for interviews is Feb, with notifications (interview/not-interview) going out this month.
                View snapshot of public entry-level 1811 positions here:
                http://GS-1811.appspot.com

Comment

• Does anyone know if the AFOSI PAQ program is exclusively for graduating (recently graduated) students, or can one apply for the program having graduated a year or two ago?

Comment

• It's open to all who have a bachelor's degree and make one of the recruiting events. I went recently and receieved my degree in 2008.

Best regards.

Comment

• Thanks! I thought that was the case, but I wanted to check for sure.

Comment

• Hey folks, thought I'd post this here. An email was sent early this week from OSI HR, asking follow up questions for applicants who are claiming foreign language in their applications. They are planning on conducting speaking tests to verify those claims in the next 2 weeks, after which, they will add the score to resumes that they recieved, and presumably reach out to people selected for interviews.

So a few more weeks, and we will know.

Comment

• Wow, that's gonna be a tight timeline for me. Thanks for the update though!

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
                            Hey folks, thought I'd post this here. An email was sent early this week from OSI HR, asking follow up questions for applicants who are claiming foreign language in their applications. They are planning on conducting speaking tests to verify those claims in the next 2 weeks, after which, they will add the score to resumes that they recieved, and presumably reach out to people selected for interviews.

So a few more weeks, and we will know.
                            ForzaMilan, any update on this-did you test?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdub801 View Post
                              ForzaMilan, any update on this-did you test?
                              They set them up for later this week/early next week

Comment

• Ok, so it looks like the update on our status will come in Feb instead. Wonder when interviews will be now? Best to all of ya!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12760 users online. 481 members and 12279 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X