Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ForzaMilan, would you pm me a copy of the e-mail that you got from AFOSI? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
      I am not really getting all the hate for AFOSI. Maybe it is because I have been using usajobs for months now, and a break from that system is very welcoming at this point. Anyway, I applied and didn't have any problems sending my email in.

I emailed them 2 weeks ago, expressing interest in AFOSI, and to my surprise, I got an personalized email back within 24 hours, with lots of information and upcoming job fairs. This was really impressive, since most government agencies whom I have contacted, don't seem to bother responding, or if they do, they write a short email, which seems like it is written by the student worker. Actually, the manager sent me another email to remind me that this job announcement was going to be posted on Monday.

Anyway, I was very impressed with my correspondence with AFOSI so far; confirmed by long held belief that Air Force (military and civilian) got their stuff together, more than other agencies, and it made me wanna work for them even more now

Good luck everyone
      Very cool. Makes me want to work for AFOSI even more.

Comment

Did anyone get a response back AFOSI when they sent the email package ? I just sent mine in and nothing cmae back.. Usually they'll send confirmation they received the package

Comment

Originally posted by jc1911 View Post
          Did anyone get a response back AFOSI when they sent the email package ? I just sent mine in and nothing cmae back.. Usually they'll send confirmation they received the package
          Nope, no response for mine either and I sent it in yesterday evening. I'm surprised they don't have an automated confirmation...
          "God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die." -- Bill Watterson

"Inside of a ring or out, ain't nothing wrong with going down. It's staying down that's wrong." --Muhammad Ali

Comment

if any of you have a question about the job, not specific to the HR game, ask away. use this thread as I don't want to answer 200 questions about the same things via PM.

M-11
            OSI Deployment Training Cruise director...
            “All men dream...... But not equally..
            Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
            but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
            for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Hey M-11,
              was wondering how often do AFOSI agents get reassign? Is it also possible to request duty stations?

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
                if any of you have a question about the job, not specific to the HR game, ask away. use this thread as I don't want to answer 200 questions about the same things via PM.

M-11
                Hey M-11. My only concern really is the first duty station assignment. My wife is active duty Army and will entering the PA program in San Antonio, TX next year. After that shell be assigned to that area for probably 3 years minimum. I know Lackland AFB is a rather large base in San Antonio so I'd imagine they'd be in need of some agents.

I guess my question is this, given that my wife is active military do you think that would help secure me a first duty station of choice or would it still be a random selection? I'm still open to as many deployments and such as they want to throw at me and after the first 3 years my wife can go AGR PA in any state so they could PCS me even no problem, i just dont want to have to wait 3 more years to finally get a SA gig!

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post

M-11
                  Do you know if/when they'll be wanting to start processing some of these? Since this is for a standing register, I'm assuming there aren't any vacancies at the moment.

I've been told that CCI is getting pretty desperate for those with good IT skills, is this true? Would those who have tech skills be valued more than those w/ previous LE experience but no tech skills ?

Comment

Is AFOSI automatically GS-13 journeyman or only GS-12?, or like some agencies, you only go up to 12 but need to compete for GS 13? just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by go_fed View Post
                      Is AFOSI automatically GS-13 journeyman or only GS-12?, or like some agencies, you only go up to 12 but need to compete for GS 13? just wondering.
                      someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe that there is no competition for GS-12 and you have to compete for GS-13 unless you were hired under the PAQ program.

Comment

Hey M-11,
                        was wondering how often do AFOSI agents get reassign? Is it also possible to request duty stations?
                        Right now we like Civ folks in place for 4 years. You will have opportunities to volunteer for locations as you near the four year mark of an assignment.

Hey M-11. My only concern really is the first duty station assignment. My wife is active duty Army and will entering the PA program in San Antonio, TX next year. After that shell be assigned to that area for probably 3 years minimum. I know Lackland AFB is a rather large base in San Antonio so I'd imagine they'd be in need of some agents.
                        There are more OSI Jobs in San Antonio than most people are aware of. I do not know if Joint Spouse assignment rules apply to your situation but now is the time to ask your POC's the question.

Different announcements hire for different job tracks, which have different competition criteria. You will have to ask your POC which deal applies to which announcement.

Do you know if/when they'll be wanting to start processing some of these? Since this is for a standing register, I'm assuming there aren't any vacancies at the moment.
                        We are good to go for manning, but are planning for some retirements

I've been told that CCI is getting pretty desperate for those with good IT skills, is this true? Would those who have tech skills be valued more than those w/ previous LE experience but no tech skills ?
                        We are not desperate, but we could use more expertise. We will work longer hours undermanned before we will lower a standard for hire. For CCI specific announcements, the Computer skills will count more than they do for regular, vanilla Agent announcements, but we still look at a "Whole Person". We do not hire one trick ponies.

M-11
                        “All men dream...... But not equally..
                        Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                        but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                        for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Thanks M-11, AFOSI is my number 2 choice after USMS (who knows when theyll be hiring again!) and that is due in a large part to how well i've heard they do work with military families. I'm not overly stressed though, my wife actually dosent even want me working for another year and a half til i finish my degree up, but im getting antsy here and am eager to get back to work!

Comment

Just to follow up on what M-11 said...I am going to attempt to answer some of your questions. I will try to check in and answer some questions you guys might have.

1. With deployments, they are still 6 months at a time..contrary to what someone said earlier about going for 18 months. I don't think even the army does that long anymore.

2. locations...I heard that HQ is trying to do hiring locally if possible...due to the budget issues across the govn't, if they can, they will place you near where you currently are. However, keep in mind some positions need to be filled, so they will try to fill the empty slots as well.

3. AFOSI is a journeyman level 13 with some funky exceptions. Last I heard, HQ is still having to deal with transferring certain position coded billets into 13 from 12 positions...bottom line...it is a 13.

4. I would say most agencies these days, with all the cyber attacks, are desperate for GOOD CCIs. I will go ahead and admit it unlike M-11

Good luck everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by ChargersBolt View Post
                              1. With deployments, they are still 6 months at a time..contrary to what someone said earlier about going for 18 months. I don't think even the army does that long anymore.
                              I mentioned the 18 month deployment because when I talked to the agent in Pittsburgh 2 years ago for the PAQ hiring he told me that before he got his promotion that he was in Iraq for 18 months. Being that he is in charge of civilian assignments now I figured he was not joking around. That being said yes 6 months is average for any agency anymore. Sometimes **** happens though.

Comment

M-11 or ChargersBolt,
                                If you happen to know the answer to my question (more like what I was wondering about) or have an idea, post #12/#14:
                                My question was if I come on as a civilian agent, would I then be able to be an enlisted reservist agent (I am an enlisted reserve Security Forces right now.) as well after I have graduated the academy?
                                By the way, it’s not an important factor, just something I am curious about.
                                In Process Apps:
                                LASD - 04/2015 Completed Out of State Testing
                                Passed Written, Fitness, Polygraph
                                08/2015 - Background Completed
                                09/2015 - Medical/Psych Scheduled

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9759 users online. 462 members and 9297 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X