Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just trying to keep this thread alive...still haven't heard anything and really don't expect to hear anything till the next FY. I am a DEV 2011 applicant...keep building you're resume, stay in shape, stay focused and stay hungry!

Comment

• I'm hanging in there with you and hoping the new FY will bring an offer. Can't believe it will be two years in the process next month, hoping it won't be two more!

Comment

• Anyone heard anything? Still waiting patiently.

Comment

• Patiently waiting on the PAQ to open up.......

Comment

• Same here. I would be lying if I said I didn't check it daily. Haha!

Comment

• Anyone on here that can talk about what happens at the recruiting event at the college campuses? I plan on traveling to the San Bernadino recruiting event in October. The website just says you need to attend, speak with an AFOSI representative, and provide a copy of your resume. Any info would be great. Thanks

Comment

• Well I was able to find some info out from some previous posts some pages back about the recruiting event. It seems as if you show up, find their booth, and drop off a resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nola504 View Post
                  Well I was able to find some info out from some previous posts some pages back about the recruiting event. It seems as if you show up, find their booth, and drop off a resume.
                  You're correct. There's nothing to worry about beside the line.

Comment

• After which, they will email you before the announcement will post, and you can go apply online to be considered. I wouldn't even worry about the line. It's not like they close after a certain number of applications.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
                      After which, they will email you before the announcement will post, and you can go apply online to be considered. I wouldn't even worry about the line. It's not like they close after a certain number of applications.
                      Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that. Last year I tried to do it during my lunch break and stood in line for 3 hours. Just saying the "worst" part is how long you have to stand in line, not that they don't let you through after X people.
                      Last edited by carbonyl; 09-06-2013, 07:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• I probably misspoke too. My experience from PAQ was last year at College Park, which was closed to people not affiliated with the school, so maybe that's what's why I didn't find the lines bothersome. But this time I am going to GMU, so I should take a few hours off work just in case.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
                          After which, they will email you before the announcement will post, and you can go apply online to be considered. I wouldn't even worry about the line. It's not like they close after a certain number of applications.
                          So do you have to go to the career fair to apply online? Or is it just an info session?

Comment

• Originally posted by copperstate View Post
                            So do you have to go to the career fair to apply online? Or is it just an info session?
                            Right, you have to go in person and leave a resume with them, so when you apply online, they know that you were at the fair. They gave everyone an announcement number for the PAQ event, so when they opened the announcement, we could apply.

Comment

• Thanks for the info on this Forza! When you applied last time did you use a "federal style" resume (longer listing everything in detail), or a public-sector style?

Comment

• You're welcome. I used the usajobs format which is federal style. I didn't get selected last year, so you might want to try something else They did give us some good advice at the fair about what to do to make the resume/ experience stand out, what kind of experience they were looking for etc.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8700 users online. 286 members and 8414 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X