Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it affects the PAQ it will only be a 90 day delay, which is nothing. The DEV announcement from June 2011 had a 180 hiring freeze, then Christmas/New Years. People who applied in June didn't hear until January 2012! At least the PAQ applicants heard they were moving forward before the hiring freeze.

Comment

• I'm also in the DEV process from June 2011 and still waiting for an EOD. I am just trying to stay patient with the process.

Comment

• Hang in there Marie! Being patient is all we can do...I act as if I never applied and continue to build my resume! We will get the call one day...

Comment

• Received an email about 2 weeks ago from OSI recruitment indicating that those that had already accepted a tentative job offer are not subject to the civilian hiring freeze even if they do not yet have an EOD.

Comment

• Same here, which was good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Norda16 View Post
              Received an email about 2 weeks ago from OSI recruitment indicating that those that had already accepted a tentative job offer are not subject to the civilian hiring freeze even if they do not yet have an EOD.
              From what I heard, they're most likely waiting on the potential civilian furlough discussion. As of right now, theres a fairly good chance all DoD civilians (with some exceptions) will be reduced to four days a week over a 5 month period, cutting our pay 20% when the automatic cuts start March 1st. I know anyone deployed is exempt, but they may not be able to justify sending someone to FLETC during the furlough since you would be in class 5 days a week..

Comment

• Seems like they may be waiting to bring on anyone, even those with an EOD now. Anyone have any more info on this?

Comment

• Norda16, pm sent.

Comment

• It's been real quiet on my end...

Comment

• Is anyone familiar with trying to go the commissioned officer route for AFOSI-SA? I talked to an Air Force recruiter that gave me the biggest f*&^&* run around in my life. It appears hiring boards are held every March for AFOSI officers but it's extremely selective. I thought about enlisting but realized a E-3 with a Masters Degree just didn't add up to me. The civilian route of employment with AFOSI seems damn near impossible. just my 2 cents
                      The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
                        Is anyone familiar with trying to go the commissioned officer route for AFOSI-SA? I talked to an Air Force recruiter that gave me the biggest f*&^&* run around in my life. It appears hiring boards are held every March for AFOSI officers but it's extremely selective. I thought about enlisting but realized a E-3 with a Masters Degree just didn't add up to me. The civilian route of employment with AFOSI seems damn near impossible. just my 2 cents
                        It is very competitive. First you have to be selected an a nonprior service officer which is hard as hell. Then you have to be selected to be an OSI Agent. I applied last year and I did not get selected as an Officer so I didn't even make it to the OSI board. My dad is a retired Air Force 1 star and all 5 of my letters of recommendation were from Col or above and I have a masters. So yes OSI is very difficult to get on board with.

Comment

• AFOSI selects approximately 10-15 officers each year. Normal Air Force recruiters know very little about the OSI officer selection process since it is a unique board. If you are not currently in a commissioning source (i.e. ROTC or Air Force Academy), trying to get in as an officer is not a realistic option.

Comment

• Originally posted by specialagentblog View Post
                            AFOSI selects approximately 10-15 officers each year. Normal Air Force recruiters know very little about the OSI officer selection process since it is a unique board. If you are not currently in a commissioning source (i.e. ROTC or Air Force Academy), trying to get in as an officer is not a realistic option.
                            I guess if you're prior service Army the enlisted route is equally competitive. Do you have to serve in the Air Force before you go the enlisted route?
                            The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
                              . Do you have to serve in the Air Force before you go the enlisted route?
                              I am not familiar with the entire process but I believe you need to be an E-5 at the minimum before you are considered as an AFOSI candidate.

Comment

• Yes, you do have to be a member of the Air Force to apply for an enlisted special agent slot.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10194 users online. 375 members and 9819 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X