300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TexasJ View Post
    I am a prior service (8 years USMC) I'm already a GS (2210-12-2) working in IT and IT security with a TS w\poly and I just finished a B.S in Criminal Justice. I'll be starting an M.S in info security next month I'll reapply this year but if I don't make it again I think I'll have to gain some super powers.
    That is intense. Very surprised someone like you did not get hired. Do you have a third eye?

Comment

• I must say this quite depressing.........I have some of the qualifications that you guys have but if you'll didn't get selected then it must be bad. I'm planning on applying to any and all FED LEO agencies around December 2013 when I finish my BS in Computer Information Systems.

Industry Certifications, AAS Networking Technology, 6 years local law enforcement experience (3 years road patrol, 3 years as detective with 1 year of Task Force experience).

I really hope it gets better and good luck to all in the future.

Comment

• Qualifications

Last edited by Norda16; 01-07-2013, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• I read the announcement description and the only thing I could think of is we did not score high enough after the system scored our resumes. There were a lot of questions which could be answered A through E and needed to be supported by the resume. In my case, I looked at mine now and it appears that I did not have a lot of information on my resume to back up some of those questions.

Either that, or you could think that there were a lot of military agents who are transitioning out of the military and will rank higher than us. I think the job fair set my expectations high, since we were told usually we were competing with mostly students, but things change. The wars have winded down, military is downsizing, and lots of people with experience and degrees apply. Sucks, but looking forward to the next PAQ even.

Comment

• Hey folks, check your emails. AF recruiting sent out an email with advise on how to make ourselves more competitive next time. Some of the things (like format of the resume) I suspected. Overall, it's great that they take time to provide with feedback and advice for next year.

Comment

• I wish they would have explained in the email how they applied veterans preference. I have a funny feeling like it was not applied correctly.

Comment

• Since we 're going on feelings, I have a feeling that they might not apply the vet points until after selection has been made; then they hire veterans points. Sort of like how DSS does it, and how Park Police did the ranking last time?

Comment

• I think you might be right but for someone in my situation that is a 30% vet there are certain things that must happen with the OPM for them to skip over me unless the 40 others who got interviews were in the same situation.

Not that I want to make a big deal out of it or anything. Just saying.

Comment

• I can't speak for the PAQ announcement, but I do know for the last June 2011 announcement they had a lot of people were cut right away for not following all of the instructions. It was viewed as an attention to detail failure and a lot of highly qualified applicants were scrapped right away. All agencies go through a lot of applications and want things in a certain format. I'm not sure what, if any instructions were given for the PAQ hiring but its a small thing that can make a big difference. Good luck to those who made it, and for those who didn't keep applying and continue to build on your skills to improve your resume.

Comment

• Does anyone know if the DOD "civilian hiring freeze" announced by the pentagon will affect Civilian SA's PCS for OSI?

Comment

• Originally posted by pilt247 View Post
                        Does anyone know if the DOD "civilian hiring freeze" announced by the pentagon will affect Civilian SA's PCS for OSI?
                        1811's seem to be PCS'ing as normal, but that can always change in a minute!!

Also, PAQ hiring for FY13 will likely continue since big Air Force has already sent out there budget which included this program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent04 View Post
                          1811's seem to be PCS'ing as normal, but that can always change in a minute!!

Also, PAQ hiring for FY13 will likely continue since big Air Force has already sent out there budget which included this program.
                          I read the hiring freeze memorandum, it mostly talks about temp employees and not putting out any new announcements starting January 16th. I assume PAQ should be good as Agent04 said since it's already factored into the budget.

It specifically said PCS moves and promotions would not be affected because the goal is to reduce the total force and not have any impact on current employees.

Comment

• I disagree based on what I have been reading. Here is a quote from an article that was published by the Air Force:

"The temporary hiring freeze applies to all positions that are open to applicants outside the Air Force for permanent, temporary and term vacancies in all appropriations, according to the memo. Reassignments and promotions within the current work force will continue because they do not affect the current force size.

The memo, issued by Lt. Gen. Darrell Jones, deputy chief of staff for Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C., states hiring actions already in progress where a selection was made and an entry on duty date already established will continue, and set EODs may remain. External hiring actions where a job offer has not been made will be withdrawn. Exemptions from previous hiring controls do not carry over.
                            "

This has been very frustrating! I have been in the DEV process since June 2011 and im still waiting. This is the second hiring freeze I've been through and hopefully the last. Goodluck to you PAQ applicants and any DEV applicants still out there, or am I the last one standing???

Comment

• I'm still with you Beau...just remaining patient...there is light at the end of the tunnel. We will get the call one day.

Comment

• Akeimva, pm sent.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5436 users online. 295 members and 5141 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X