300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
    I was just curious if there were any guesses for the sake of conversation, I work for another Fed Agency and know that it is always a crap shoot when it comes to staying on the timeline mostly because of the OPM. With that being said, OSI seems to have a bit better system since they do just about everything in house.
    I hear you. If I were to pull a guess out of my hat I would say within the next few weeks with the holidays and all that coming up to get things scheduled for January.

Hopefully tomorrow though. Ha.

Comment

• Let's speculate for the fun of it. When I applied for the DEV in 2011, I did not hear anything until January, which is when they notified the people that they scheduled for interviewed. Given how hard it is to get things done before/ during holiday season, I will assume that early January is when we should be notified.

I need the time so I can do some more reading on OSI anyway. Lots of good on their website.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
        Let's speculate for the fun of it. When I applied for the DEV in 2011, I did not hear anything until January, which is when they notified the people that they scheduled for interviewed. Given how hard it is to get things done before/ during holiday season, I will assume that early January is when we should be notified.

I need the time so I can do some more reading on OSI anyway. Lots of good on their website.

I think January makes alot of sense. I think am pretty ready for an interview if I am given one. I have had my eye on OSI for years (since I was active duty) but I did not meet the education requirement until this announcement. I am hopeful that I make the first cut and get an interview.

How far did you make it in the DEV announcement?

Comment

• Seems like OSI is one of the best kept secrets still. I was never close to AF when I was on active duty, so it took me a little to get on board with this. I didn't make it to the interview stage but I was told at the PAQ that there was a lot of former 1811s who applied. I think we will get an interview this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
            Seems like OSI is one of the best kept secrets still. I was never close to AF when I was on active duty, so it took me a little to get on board with this. I didn't make it to the interview stage but I was told at the PAQ that there was a lot of former 1811s who applied. I think we will get an interview this time.
            From what I have read and heard from talking to others, it would be a great honor to be one of the few selected.

Comment

• Notifications should go out fairly soon. The delay in the June 2011 announcement was a 180 day Air Force civilian hiring freeze shortly after the announcement opened. A friend of mine who applied is a reserve agent and he was told interviews could be as early as December in the cities where the recruitment events were. A lot of it is probably looking at how many qualified applicants they have and coordinating schedules with senior agents who are capable of conducting interviews over a 2-3 day period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brasco View Post
                Notifications should go out fairly soon. The delay in the June 2011 announcement was a 180 day Air Force civilian hiring freeze shortly after the announcement opened. A friend of mine who applied is a reserve agent and he was told interviews could be as early as December in the cities where the recruitment events were. A lot of it is probably looking at how many qualified applicants they have and coordinating schedules with senior agents who are capable of conducting interviews over a 2-3 day period.
                Works for me, I just hope they give us enough notice that I dont get killed on airfare. I have had to buy short term tickets before and they get expensive quick.

Comment

• When I applied to the PAQ last the meet and greet was in October, we were invited for interviews in December, Interviews were early February and we had select/back up/nonselect by April

Comment

• Originally posted by duqjeep2010 View Post
                    When I applied to the PAQ last the meet and greet was in October, we were invited for interviews in December, Interviews were early February and we had select/back up/nonselect by April
                    I like that timeline.

Comment

• Anyone else from the June 2011 DEV announcement still waiting for their assignment?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beau405 View Post
                        Anyone else from the June 2011 DEV announcement still waiting for their assignment?
                        I heard of one going to Wright-Patterson going to FLETC in January, not sure how many are waiting on class dates/assignments.
                        Last edited by Brasco; 12-03-2012, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• Any news on the PAQ front?

Comment

• No word yet.

Comment

• I have a feeling everyone is waiting out this "fiscal cliff". I know my agency is waiting until a deal is put through before they make a decision on hiring this year.

Comment

• I think most PAQ applicants should be OK regarding the financial issues. PAQ money comes from big Air Force budget and not directly out of OSI's pockets. The bigger delay is probably Christmas and New Years as a lot of people are on leave. Most cuts from the "fiscal cliff" will probably be from fighter planes that cost up to $100 million a pop.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7579 users online. 245 members and 7334 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X