300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
    Carbon, take a few hours off, if you don't want to take the whole day. I took the day off yesterday and ended up spending 2 hours. You never know how parking is at GMU, or the line to get in. Once you are in, there were a few people in front of me, and they took about 20 minutes, and I took about 20-30 minutes too. GMU is open to public, so might be more people showing up. Or better, take half day off, and go home after this Good luck
    Thanks. I might just take the whole day off to make it easier and not feel rushed, I hope to be able to have a good conversation with them. Good news about the parking situation is that I have a pass into one of the restricted lots close to where the fair is so I hopefully won't have to worry about parking too much (never know though...).

Good luck to you as well.

Comment

• Just wanted to see if I was the only June applicant who has been hearing crickets lately. It seems like it moves fast for a while then slows down and you don't hear anything for a month or two. As far as I know I'm just waiting on my orders...

Comment

• Brasco,

I am also a June 2011 applicant. I had my final interview the first week of June and was told by the SAC that I would be recommended for duty. Three months went by and I did not hear anything. Finally, I emailed HQ to check on my status. I was told that I have been selected for duty and have been been placed in a pool with other applicants who have also been selected for duty. I was told that the civilian placement person is currently looking for a location to place me into, but currently they are all filled. As people move, positions will open and additional final offers will be sent out. According the gentleman at HQ, it could be weeks, or it could be months. At this point I am just waiting.

Are you one of those that has been given a final offer and waiting for a EOD date, or are you still waiting for the final offer?

Comment

• I received my final offer and EOD date in July. I was a military agent for 5 years so I didn't have to go through the whole process. I'm just waiting on my actual orders so i can make final arrangements for my move.

Comment

• Beau, it's great that they actually try to match your duty preference with their needs.

Did you get hired on your first try?
            Last edited by ForzaMilan; 09-25-2012, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Beau, it's great that they actually try to match your duty preference with their needs.

Did you get hired on your first try?
              I have not been hired as of this point. I have been approved for hire, but I have not received a final offer and EOD date. The way I understand it, those who have made it through the entire process, and are approved for hire, are placed on a list based on the ranking they received from HQ. Positions are then filled from that list until the list expires ( I believe we were told this is one year from when the list is approved). It is my understanding that if your name is still on that list when it expires, you have to start all over. Hopefully, that does not happen and we were told they make every effort to prevent that from happening.

I do not believe they are attempting to match my preference with an assignment location. I say this because we were not asked for preferences (at least I was not asked) and were told they make assignments based on the needs of the agency.

Yes, this was my first time applying for AFOSI, and hopefully my last!

Comment

• Who all is going to the GMU event tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by duqjeep2010 View Post
                  Who all is going to the GMU event tomorrow?
                  I'll be there.

Comment

• I just got here about an hour ago. Missed the event last year bad timing with my Lasik surgery.

Comment

• Originally posted by duqjeep2010 View Post
                      I just got here about an hour ago. Missed the event last year bad timing with my Lasik surgery.
                      Great to meet you there. Best of luck. Stay safe on your way back.

Comment

• How was it guys? Are you all excited and pumped about the opportunity ? Was there a lot of people at their booth?

Comment

How was it guys? Are you all excited and pumped about the opportunity ? Was there a lot of people at their booth?
                          I'm very excited, I am hoping for the best! Still have a couple weeks to get my resume and application finalized and ready to go so making sure to take my time and make sure it is the best as possible. Sounds like a great agency.

In terms of booth... they had the worst placement. There were 3 reps (2 agents) and they were in the middle of the floor. I got there a little before 11 and it still took me over an hour to get to them and talk which was not too bad but surprised me.

The line caused all of the booths in between OSI and the walkways to be covered up and I felt bad for all the other companies. When I was talking to OSI they had them move to a second table outside of the regular hall to take the overflow out of the main room. I am not sure how much it helped by splitting into two groups but I am guessing it helped a little bit.

Comment

• This is my 4th time applying to OSI between PAQ, Dev, and through OTS. This is the most crowded I have ever seen their booth. Hell the first time I applied to the PAQ I was the only one there with SA Campbell at the Carnegie Mellon Event.

I have applied before and interviewed back at the old HQ at Andrews. I am excited for the opportunity as I am an Air Force brat but like with any LEO agency it is all about what they are looking for and a skill set they want to see. Fingers crossed since this is my first choice for an agency but I'm not throwing all my eggs in the OSI basket.

Nice to meet you too carbon feel free to ask me any questions since I have been through the process before and I have my own OSI agents as personal friends to pick their brains.

Comment

• Thanks for the info all. I was asking out of curiosity, because at the UMD event, there didn't seem to be many people at their booth. There was more interest at Sprint than OSI. Actually it took me two tries to find them

I am also going to assume that not everyone that showed up will apply online to the vacancy, so that might bring the number down a bit.

Duqjeep, care to share why you didn't think you made it last PAQ? Was it too many applicants? I was told that the DEV announcement from last year had a lot of prior 1811s applying, which of course means a lot of our entry level folks didn't get called for interview.

Comment

Thanks for the info all. I was asking out of curiosity, because at the UMD event, there didn't seem to be many people at their booth. There was more interest at Sprint than OSI. Actually it took me two tries to find them
                                Will they let us know how many people applied when the announcement closes? I assume not, but I know the Civ Army job portal (at least a couple years back) would tell you how many people applied. Two different job portals of course.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7700 users online. 388 members and 7312 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X