Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAQs are open to anyone that has a degree or is within 9 months of obtaining a college degree. Therefore you should be eligible to apply. However, if you want to be absolutely sure e-mail the PAQ recruiter and get a straight answer from him. Good luck!
    Also, University of Texas San Antonio has traditionally opened their career fair to the public, that might have changed since I applied, but when I was there last all you had to do was sign in with a valid form of ID and you are good to go.

Comment

• I graduated 3 years prior to me applying. So 2010 is fine.

Comment

• For the PAQ program, does anyone knows if you have to apply in suits and tie or is it business casual?

Comment

• DL and Proud, thanks for responding to me.

Ronin, casual or iron jeans would be just fine (One less body to compete with)

Seriously, suit suit suit,

Comment

• Just booked my flight to attend the recruiting event.

Comment

• Good luck Firefox and all you others. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions I am just finishing the whole hiring process and would love to help out anyway I can.

Comment

• Sorry to those that have sent PMs, for some reason I cannot type in any other field than this one on the site. To answer the main question of what will help you; from my experience is be professional (suit and tie) and prepared. Identify to yourself before you meet with the recruiters what your strengths are (be prepared with examples) and why you want to be with AFOSI. Be specific, it is all about preparation so when you speak with them you won't draw a blank. Good luck!... If you haven't looked into any formal interviewing techniques Google is your friend, taking 30 mins to learn some techniques will be worth it.

Comment

• Has anyone from the June announcement received orders or information on shipping household goods? I tried to message some people but can't seem to turn the messaging on. I was a military agent for over 5 years so I don't need to attend CITP or BSIC.

Comment

• Curious if there is a civilian agent tattoo policy?

Comment

• There is no civilian agent tattoo policy. Now, if you have a tattoo on your face and show up to the interview; we may ask to take a picture of you for a good laugh with our fellow agents afterwards

Comment

• Anyone go to the Maryland Career Fair that cares to share any info on how it went, and what was covered.
                        Thanks

Comment

• Firefox, I attended UMD fair yesterday and it went well. Everyone at the booth was really nice and shared a lot of information about the agency and their mission and so on. All you need is a resume, and they will give you the information on how to apply online. The resume serves as proof that you attended, so that the pin number cannot be used by people who were not there.

As far as information, seems like OSI is moving toward keeping agents in one area of expertise, and local when possible, since it saves them money.

Which one are you going to Firefox?
                          Last edited by ForzaMilan; 09-21-2012, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
                            Firefox, I attended UMD fair yesterday and it went well. Everyone at the both was really nice and shared a lot of information about the agency and their mission and so on. All you need is a resume, and they will give you the information on how to apply online. The resume serves as proof that you attended, so that the pin number cannot be used by people who were not there.

As far as information, seems like OSI is moving toward keeping agents in one area of expertise, and local when possible, since it saves them money.

Last edited by Firefox; 10-21-2012, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
                              Firefox, I attended UMD fair yesterday and it went well. Everyone at the both was really nice and shared a lot of information about the agency and their mission and so on. All you need is a resume, and they will give you the information on how to apply online. The resume serves as proof that you attended, so that the pin number cannot be used by people who were not there.

Long-time lurker.. I am headed to the GMU one in a couple of weeks.

It sounds like it is a fairly quick affair. Is that an accurate assumption? Should I plan on taking the day off from work or do I only need an hour or so to get through questions and information?

Thanks for the information!

Comment

• Firefox, good luck, it is definitely worth the flight and the money spent in my opinion. I have been to a few job fairs in the DC area, but I think this is a great opportunity to speak with them in person, ask any questions, be placed on their radar so to speak. Also remember that first impressions are important and OSI is a small agency. PAQs seem definitely the way to go, since we will be mostly competing with entry level candidates, unlike the announcement from last year, which drew a lot of former 1811s to apply. I forgot to ask about vet points, but I don't think it counts. Military experience can come handy when you are competing with college students though.

Carbon, take a few hours off, if you don't want to take the whole day. I took the day off yesterday and ended up spending 2 hours. You never know how parking is going to be at GMU, or the line to get in. Once I entered, it took me some time to walk around and find the booth. There were a few people in front of me, and they took about 20 minutes, and I took about 20-30 minutes too. GMU is open to public, so might be more people showing up. Or better, take half day off, and go home after this Good luck
                                Last edited by ForzaMilan; 09-21-2012, 03:09 PM. Reason: Vet points

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12672 users online. 498 members and 12174 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X