X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sakic View Post
    I have a question about deployments.

How long/frequent are they?

Is is an option to take a long term deployment for a couple years in lieu of a few short ones?

The reason I ask is that I'm single with two dogs and I want to keep them with me, so with a long term one, I might be able to bring them. That was one of the appeals of Diplomatic Security- I just didn't pass the BEX with them.

Any input is appreciated. I read through the last thread on AFOSI and didn't see anything like this covered.
    I dont think youll be bringing any dogs to Iraq or Afgan! If AFOSI deploys like regular air force (which i believe they do) it's six month tours. Im sure you could extend though or volunteer for back to back ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Sakic View Post
      I have a question about deployments.

How long/frequent are they?

Is is an option to take a long term deployment for a couple years in lieu of a few short ones?

The reason I ask is that I'm single with two dogs and I want to keep them with me, so with a long term one, I might be able to bring them. That was one of the appeals of Diplomatic Security- I just didn't pass the BEX with them.

Any input is appreciated. I read through the last thread on AFOSI and didn't see anything like this covered.
      Ok this is what i have been told by the various OSI folks that I have talked to. OSI agents do in fact go to Iraq or other such deployments sometimes up to 18 months at a time. They try to deploy civilian agents less than AD agents, but that is only a goal not a rule. If you have any questions you may want to wait for M-11 to chime in or send him a PM.

Comment

Did anyone fax documents successfully with the number on the announcement? I'm still trying with no luck and the deadline looming.

Comment

So you MUST print, complete sign then scan in the Questionnaire?? So lame I saw this too late and cant get to a fax or scanner by the deadline. What a pain. They really need to switch over.

Comment

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post
            So you MUST print, complete sign then scan in the Questionnaire?? So lame I saw this too late and cant get to a fax or scanner by the deadline. What a pain. They really need to switch over.
            It is kind of a pain. I am not sure why they don't do the dev applications the same way that they do the PAQ positions.

Comment

You can't find a fax machine tomorrow ?

Do they accept digital signatures ? /s/ ?

Comment

I have a fax machine but their machine is not picking up, it just rings.

Comment

Heres a question. It says they would like your resume in a certain format. It starts of saying cover sheet and then gives a list of things they would like, job number etc. Do they want all of this on the cover sheet and then your little story about yourself?

Seems kinda redundant since a lot of that info is already in the body of the resume.

Anyone else do their cover sheet like that? Just curious cause I'm getting ready to email.

Comment

Is AFOSI automatically GS-13 journeyman or only GS-12?, or like some agencies, you only go up to 12 but need to compete for GS 13? just wondering.

Comment

Sent my app in. It was a hassle. Had to print out my cover/resume, sign it, scan it, save the image files, and re-size the image files so it fits in the e-mail. And then I did this for the rest of the required documents as well. Oh well, would love to work for AFOSI, regardless. They definitely need a better application system though.

Comment

FYI, make sure you breakup your attachements into multiple emails. The first one I sent, I simply attached 2 pdfs, one for transcripts and the rest for other paperwork. Worked out to be about 13 megs all together. Sure enough, it got kicked back, Their server reported too large.

So I had to go through and split it up. And just in case the text got through from the last email, I had to add to the body of the new set of emails, please disregard the previous. What a POA, why couldn't they just do this in USAjobs where its one stop shopping. Anyways, its in, hope I didn't **** off the person processing these lol.

Comment

I know a lot of talented Technology workers who are AFOSI, you gotta wonder what pencil neck is still authorizing the usage of this primitive application process.

.. on the other hand, if isn't on USAJOBS, most folks won't know about it unless you're specifically checking AFOSI or forum boards constantly. Probably a good way to NOT receive thousands of applications.

Comment

I am not really getting all the hate for AFOSI. Maybe it is because I have been using usajobs for months now, and a break from that system is very welcoming at this point. Anyway, I applied and didn't have any problems sending my email in.

I emailed them 2 weeks ago, expressing interest in AFOSI, and to my surprise, I got an personalized email back within 24 hours, with lots of information and upcoming job fairs. This was really impressive, since most government agencies whom I have contacted, don't seem to bother responding, or if they do, they write a short email, which seems like it is written by the student worker. Actually, the manager sent me another email to remind me that this job announcement was going to be posted on Monday.

Anyway, I was very impressed with my correspondence with AFOSI so far; confirmed by long held belief that Air Force (military and civilian) got their stuff together, more than other agencies, and it made me wanna work for them even more now

Good luck everyone

Comment

Originally posted by FinestFish View Post
                              FYI, make sure you breakup your attachements into multiple emails. The first one I sent, I simply attached 2 pdfs, one for transcripts and the rest for other paperwork. Worked out to be about 13 megs all together. Sure enough, it got kicked back, Their server reported too large.

So I had to go through and split it up. And just in case the text got through from the last email, I had to add to the body of the new set of emails, please disregard the previous. What a POA, why couldn't they just do this in USAjobs where its one stop shopping. Anyways, its in, hope I didn't **** off the person processing these lol.
                              I ended up sending all 4 of my pdfs in one email (slightly over 8MB total). Remember, if you're scanning in your documents as pdfs to email out, you can turn down the resolution, and scan in B/W. It makes them much smaller and easier to fit in one email. And based on these two experiences, I would say their limit is probably 10MB, for those who still have yet to send their information in.
                              "God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die." -- Bill Watterson

"Inside of a ring or out, ain't nothing wrong with going down. It's staying down that's wrong." --Muhammad Ali

Comment

I am just kind of worried that they will accept my transcript I submitted. It doesn't have my last semesters grades from grad school. Perfect time for my College to decide to do maintenance on that server

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7750 users online. 437 members and 7313 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X