300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our big application killers are:

Turning up derogatory information applicants tried to hide (we don't just talk to the people you suggest)

Financial shenanigans (had a credit score of 228once)

Applicant pulls out after seeing Afghanistan on the news.

Stay patient. We are working on it.

M-11
    “All men dream...... But not equally..
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
    but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
    for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

• It sounds as if they may have had more than just 250 applicants. the 250 may be the ones left after the initial purge (did not make initial qualifications). be patient and realize that OSI is one of two 1811's (including FBI) hiring right now.

M11 can attest to this; please take a hard look in the mirror at yourself before accepting a position with OSI and realize that you WILL deploy to a not so nice area of the world. if that is not something for you please dont take a position from someone willing to do so. okay off my soapbox now.

hint: if your background investigator asks you for something, do it ASAP because that goes a long way with respects to your application.

good luck to you all and i look forward to seeing you in the field. remember its a very small community.

Comment

• Originally posted by pilt247 View Post
        M11 can attest to this; please take a hard look in the mirror at yourself before accepting a position with OSI and realize that you WILL deploy to a not so nice area of the world. if that is not something for you please dont take a position from someone willing to do so. okay off my soapbox now.
        What is the average deployment? 3-6 months?

Also - what are chances of deploying to the Caribbean?

Comment

• What is the average deployment? 3-6 months?

6+ Months.

I am getting ready to go for a year.

There are multiple FPD positions available in awesome places.

M-11
          “All men dream...... But not equally..
          Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
          but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
          for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

• Anybody get a phone call recently? I was in the gym today and checked my phone and had a missed call at 6pm-ish from a 202 area code (DC). Just wondering.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBAndy View Post
              Anybody get a phone call recently? I was in the gym today and checked my phone and had a missed call at 6pm-ish from a 202 area code (DC). Just wondering.
              It's possible, but I believe they just moved their HQ south into Stafford County (Quantico USMC Base) which would be a 540 or 703 area code.

Comment

• Originally posted by VACPO View Post
                It's possible, but I believe they just moved their HQ south into Stafford County (Quantico USMC Base) which would be a 540 or 703 area code.
                Either way, the old area code for HQ is 240. Andrews AFB.

Comment

• Originally posted by M-11 View Post
                  Our big application killers are:

Financial shenanigans (had a credit score of 228once)

M-11
                  That is what worries me, I have good credit considering the only debit I have is one credit card I picked up 6 months ago and my school loans. I am sure that you guys look at more than the credit score number but just starting to build credit makes me feel like I am behind the curve.

Comment

• It's less about your numerical score and more about a track record of deliquencies and a mismanagement of money.

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
                      It's less about your numerical score and more about a track record of deliquencies and a mismanagement of money.
                      Last edited by FriscoFed; 12-16-2011, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UD4LIFE View Post
                        What is the average deployment? 3-6 months?

Also - what are chances of deploying to the Caribbean?
                        For anyone interested in AFOSI deployments, I recommend "How to Break A Terrorist" by Matthew Alexander. I'm reading it now. Awesome insight into the science of interrogation...not that that's the only thing agents do in theater. But I think it would be a kick A gig.

The vacancy indicated foreign languages were a plus. Anyone know if high DLAB scores matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by FriscoFed View Post
                          +1. I got a TS clearance right out of college. Obviously I hadn't really built up my credit so my score was not high per se and I was naturally worried. My BI told me basically what O2 said, its all about track record.
                          It's depending on the agency.... Air Marshal for example wouldn't take anyone that has any kind of financial issues... because you are the only person who carries a firearm.....while some agencies would take anyone....
                          USPIS 2011
                          US OPM 2009-2011
                          US CBP 2007-2009
                          USANG 2006
                          USMC 2002-2006
                          H&S Co, MCSFBn NOB Norfolk 2003-2006
                          MWSG17, 1st MAW Okainawa 2002-2003

Comment

• DLAB scores do not affect selection (THANK GOD). Language proficiency does however help your package due to OSI's global reach. As for the credit score, OSI wants people with explainable credit scores. If you have not established credit there shouldn’t be any problems. Also, if you had some delinquencies in high school/college but 10 years later are paying bills on time than you are fine. OSI is looking for a consistent pattern of good credit scores and on time payments. Don’t sweat having a home loan, car loan, etc as long as you are paying them on time.
                            Good luck and see you out there!
                            Last edited by pilt247; 10-09-2011, 03:02 AM.

Comment

• Not sure if anyone saw this http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123278268 not sure how it it will affect our applications or what it will do to the PAQ program for this year. Perhaps Pilt or M-11 can chime in.

Comment

• Their OSI webpage already mentioned they were making decisions on how many people they'd be hiring for the OSI PAQ. I'll be applying for the PAQ, which is next spring I think.
                                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                                02/28/14-TSL Received
                                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                                07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7954 users online. 392 members and 7562 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X