Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoy St Simon's...and the fire ants...

Good luck!

Originally posted by pilt247 View Post
    dl,
    Congrats!

Send me a PM if you have any questions.

Enjoy southeastern GA, the heat, humidity, crackheads in brunswick, and the chicken. See you when you get out.

Comment

• Happy Monday Everyone!!! And Congrats to dl6389! Anyone else get good news?

Comment

• I'm curious when another PAQ annoucenment will open up again.
        CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
        02/28/14-TSL Received
        03/18/14-PFT1/MED
        07/01/14-VBT/SI
        07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
        07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Thanks 35Chill and UD4LIFE. Now I'm just trying to figure out logistics, and possibly trying to not eat any chicken anytime soon, since it looks like I'll be eating a lot of chicken very soon haha. And Curf679, based on last year's PAQ announcement it should open up in a couple of weeks, just keep your eye out on the OSI website. I remember last year I saw the recruiting site list around 15th to 20th of August, I haven't checked OSI page for like 2 months prior to that, needless to say it worked out for me so def keep your eye on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dl6389 View Post
            Thanks 35Chill and UD4LIFE. Now I'm just trying to figure out logistics, and possibly trying to not eat any chicken anytime soon, since it looks like I'll be eating a lot of chicken very soon haha. And Curf679, based on last year's PAQ announcement it should open up in a couple of weeks, just keep your eye out on the OSI website. I remember last year I saw the recruiting site list around 15th to 20th of August, I haven't checked OSI page for like 2 months prior to that, needless to say it worked out for me so def keep your eye on it.
            How do the paq announcements work anyway? Do you apply directly through the website, or do you have to go to the recruiting fair at a particular college? How does it work?

BTW any tips/words of advice for us?

Thank you.
            CBPO
            Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
            TO: 2/2011
            Medical: 3/22/2011
            PT Test: 3/22/2011
            VBT: 3/2011
            Background: 3/2011
            Drug Test: 4/2011
            Referred to TSU: 5/2011
            PT Test 2: TBD
            FLETC: Good Question lol
            CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
            Info Session 9/2009
            Interview 3/2010
            COE 5/2010
            Medical 5/2010
            Fit/Background 7/2010
            All clear as of 11/2010
            FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• dl,

I just graduated from college last week. Am I SOL or can recent college graduates still apply?

EDIT-Oh no. I just read on the site that OSI will hire through college campus recruiting events and SCEP (SCEP is gone right?) .

I really do hope they attend at University of South Florida.

EDITx2-Most likely they're not coming to Florida if last year's recruiting event schedule is any indication. Looks like I am SOL.
              Last edited by cur679; 08-11-2011, 06:23 PM.
              CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
              02/28/14-TSL Received
              03/18/14-PFT1/MED
              07/01/14-VBT/SI
              07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

• Hey Biggy, all the information for PAQ is on OSI's website. but basically it is an Air Force Intern program. As a result, the budget for the 6-10 Agents they hire every year come out of Air Force budgets and not OSI budget. The upside for those of us hired is that we are required and afforded the opportunity to train more than OSI agents hired through regular hiring announcements for the first 3 years. I know last year you had to apply through a recruiting fair in person. But it changes every year and to my understanding the ending of FCIP will affect PAQ hiring somewhat, so there might be some changes from last year. As far as advice, I think it's the usual for every federal job - Know OSI inside and out, take the assessment questions seriously and make sure you can write well, study up on behavioral interview questions and be confident during the interview.
                Now I haven't even gone to training yet, so take everything I say with a grain of salt, I'm sure Pilt or M-11 could give you much more of an insight than I can.
                Cur679, you are definitely not SOL, I just graduated college, I actually interviewed while I'm still a senior in college so you definitely have a chance. Now I know the odds are against people our age and I understand why, but OSI looks at the whole person, not just one thing you can do well so know yourself and be confident. If you don't get it, keep trying and get better in the mean time. I don't know anything about the SCEP program and haven't seen anything on OSI's website about it, I do know they hire interns, but they haven't had an opening for interns for a while. If you go on OSI's website regarding PAQs, you can see where they've recruited in the past, and USF is usually not one of them, so if you really want this, be prepared to spend money and travel somewhere for both the recruiting event and the interview. If you have the means to do so I highly recommend you go, think of it as a worthwhile investment, and even if you don't get it, the experience you gain if you can get an interview slot will go a long way for you getting a job in the future. Let me know if you have any questions, like I said, I'm not there yet, not even close, so I'll do the best I can to help you out
                Last edited by dl6389; 08-11-2011, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• I don't have military or law enforcement experience. I've basically worked retail all my life, but I did intern with the Secret Service last Spring. I also graduated with a gpa of 3.65. I'm willing to pay to travel to another state's recruiting event, but I'm wondering with my background will it be worth the trip.
                  CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                  02/28/14-TSL Received
                  03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                  07/01/14-VBT/SI
                  07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

• I didn't have any military or law enforcement experience either, so I don't think that's a must, and that's what a lot of people tell me. Now, those will definitely help and I think had I not gotten this job I would have gone into the military. I wanted a job that will allow me to serve, and I certainly did not want to climb the corporate latter, I've done enough internships with corporate companies to know that I didn't want it. I actually was working in sales in retail when I got hired, to me retail, especially sales, teaches you about working with people, how to talk, how to initiate conversations and that's valuable. But I think your intern with USSS definitely helps as well. Good luck man, and like I said, feel free to post here or pm me if you have any more questions.

Comment

• Awesome. I feel the same way about the actual qualities and experience when dealing with people. Especially in retail when customers get angry at you. I work at Sports Authority btw. I do love the discount.

I'm currently going through the application process with the USSS UD. I have only the medical and BI left, and I'm still waiting on whether they allow me to take the med. If I don't get the UD job, I may end up flying to Virginia or whichever recruiting event that's closest to Florida. Maybe that'll show how persistent I am, and they may like that.
                      CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                      02/28/14-TSL Received
                      03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                      07/01/14-VBT/SI
                      07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

• It seems USAF just issued a 90 day hiring freeze: http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123267930

Any ideas on whether this will affect the AFOSI 06-11-DEV-1 hiring process?

Comment

• Not going to be doing interviews for last batch of apps until Nov/Dec ish

Over 250 apps

Originally posted by FPanalyst View Post
                          It seems USAF just issued a 90 day hiring freeze: http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123267930

Any ideas on whether this will affect the AFOSI 06-11-DEV-1 hiring process?

Comment

• 90 days is the blink of an eye in the federal Hiring system.

Continue to PT and study, all of you. Some of you will get into OSI, some will get into other agencies.

Those of you who give up, will not. And you will always wonder what you could have done...

M-11
                            “All men dream...... But not equally..
                            Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                            but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                            for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

• Congratulations to the ones getting the call.

M11, you said study? I was under the impression that there was no written test for afosi? Am I correct to assume that?

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
                                Congratulations to the ones getting the call.

M11, you said study? I was under the impression that there was no written test for afosi? Am I correct to assume that?
                                Forza,
                                Not to steal M11's thunder but i can answer this one for you. There is no written test to be an 1811 with OSI however, there is a writing sample (there was one a few years back, not sure if they still have it in place).

I believe what M11 was trying to convey was one must know the ins and outs of the agency he/she is applying for. Do your research and know everrything about OSI so you can make an educated choice when/if offered a job.

Good luck to all that applied.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7236 users online. 380 members and 6856 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X