Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People will apply to any and all 1811/SA spots.

USA Jobs has made it almost too easy, people just fire away at every opening and sometimes don't even understand the mission/scope/etc of the agency...just want that fancy title, creds, badge/gun.

Good luck all

Originally posted by Casey99 View Post
    Wow...I never thought a list would have so many applicants on it. Were the Omaha interviews conducted for both the GS13 and GS09 position's?

Comment

Originally posted by UD4LIFE View Post
      People will apply to any and all 1811/SA spots.

USA Jobs has made it almost too easy, people just fire away at every opening and sometimes don't even understand the mission/scope/etc of the agency...just want that fancy title, creds, badge/gun.
      Bingo....which puts a burden on the Hiring Agency because of all the folks that aren't remotely quailified for the job but still apply......

You can see that on here all the time. Someone having no biz apply but saying they are applying for a ton of jobs anyway hoping to squeeze in and/or get overlooked on their lack quals......

Comment

You can see that on here all the time. Someone having no biz apply but saying they are applying for a ton of jobs anyway hoping to squeeze in and/or get overlooked on their lack quals......
        Or equally bad - applying for the job, then asking everyone else "what does XYZ-OIG do?"

Are we talking about the GS7 or the GS13 announcement? Or are you saying that there were two announcements but they are only filling one spot and have narrowed it down to 300 from both announcements?
        With a position opened at those two grades, and being opened to both gov't employees and the public, that kinda tells me that the GS-9 is for anyone who is not already an 1811 (or who is an 1811 at 11 or below, maybe), while the 13 covers all 1811's in other federal law enforcement agencies.
        "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLine View Post
          Or equally bad - applying for the job, then asking everyone else "what does XYZ-OIG do?"
          Seen that on here a 100 times.... Or some idiot applying for a job based on coolness factor because of a special on TV.....or a TV show..... Then crying because they are spending days on end in court and not kicking doors in.......

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
            Seen that on here a 100 times.... Or some idiot applying for a job based on coolness factor because of a special on TV.....or a TV show..... Then crying because they are spending days on end in court and not kicking doors in.......
            If they are lucky enough to be given an interview, they'd better darned well know all the ins and outs of that agency, or they'll be doomed.
            They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
              If they are lucky enough to be given an interview, they'd better darned well know all the ins and outs of that agency, or they'll be doomed.
              I was talking about some USMS Deputies.... made it through training and then started crying the blues because they got stuck in Court all the time......

As for knowing ins/outs of things....you are correct but I would suspect 1-2 have made it through......then figured out they didn't really realize what the job was going to be about.

I know one guy that got on with DOE OIG and was back with his local agency within 2 years.......

Comment

That was supposed to be a private message. That's what I get for responding from my phone!
                Last edited by miked6; 07-14-2011, 07:23 PM.
                "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

Does anyone have any more news? ...on Clearwater specifically?

Comment

All interviews have been completed....that's all I got.

Comment

Just noticed that the status of both (GS7 & GS13) Clearwater vacancies is "cancelled"

Comment

Originally posted by eddie824 View Post
                        Just noticed that the status of both (GS7 & GS13) Clearwater vacancies is "cancelled"
                        Crap! must be the economy.

Comment

I'm curious as to where you found this cancellation
                          out?

Comment

Originally posted by devil-dog0311 View Post
                            I'm curious as to where you found this cancellation
                            out?
                            SSA OIG's Intranet. Haven't rec'd the formal email yet.....

Comment

SSA OIG's Intranet. Haven't rec'd the formal email yet.....
                              10-4 thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5954 users online. 227 members and 5727 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X