300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a Career as a Narcotics Agent

I am currently going to school for Associate of Science in CJ. We have to build a portfolio for ourselves and the career of our choice, as ourr filan project. Well obviously I've choosen a Narc Agent. Im trying to find info online about the requirements and process. I found a good bit so far. And I know its a long road before I get to my desired position which thats cool. However, one requirement the instructor asked for are a few job posting in our choosen field. I have looked for a bit now and am unable to find any type of posting. I know most of these postions will be internal hires/promotions. But its the web!!! I know it must have something somewhere. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!!!
    Last edited by FalinAngel; 05-24-2011, 01:45 PM.

Not to sound like an a** but you really need to work on your writing skills. Report writing and documentation are a narcotics officers best friend.
    "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
    I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

Google? Try a few of these for a start:

http://www.justice.gov/dea/job/agent/index.html

ice.gov

CBP.gov (OFO, Air & Marine, BP)

Usajobs

.... Officer.com? - Careers

Comment

Sorry about that USMARINE. Sitting at work with idiots calling wanting the ADA to help them out of tickets or jail kinda gets to me at times. Just because they have money, doesn't mean they should be able to call in favors and get off free for 4th offense DWI/DUI's

Thanks 19USC.

Comment

Federal, local or state? The Feds are the only place you will see something online, as everyone else will be an in-house promotion or lateral after putting their time in on patrol. You could try to call some major metro PDs and see if they will help you out.

Comment

Check the obvious places like the DEA website. Than from there, check the state investigative bureaus. Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI), Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE), and so on.....some of these places hire Narcotics Agents. North Carolina Bureau of Investigations had an announcement not too long ago for Narcotics Agents. Do a little digging. You'll find what you're looking for. If not, make some calls. You'll always find someone looking to help.

Comment

FalinAngel,
              PM Sent.
              FBI CI 1811:
              June 2007: Applied
              July 2007: Phase I
              October 2010: Phase II
              March 2011: PFT, PSI, Polygraph, Medical
              April 2011: BI, Spouse Interview

Critical Skills: accounting & FLEO

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
                The Feds are the only place you will see something online, as everyone else will be an in-house promotion or lateral after putting their time in on patrol.
                Some states do hire Narcotics Agents directly. Be it with their state Bureau of Investigation or the state's Alcohol Beverage Control Board. Each state is different though.
                sigpic

Comment

Try this, it's the link to the Pennsylvania Attorney General Attorney General's office.
                  http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/theoffice.aspx?id=355

Comment

Originally posted by Kimble View Post
                    Some states do hire Narcotics Agents directly. Be it with their state Bureau of Investigation or the state's Alcohol Beverage Control Board. Each state is different though.

Very true, and Ohio does the same, but the chances of actually getting the job with just a degree and no significant experience to your name are about zero. Good point about state AG's offices.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6335 users online. 346 members and 5989 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X