Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diveman_21
    replied
    Wow! Congrats! Thanks for the info you provided this far.

Leave a comment:

• ASR62
    replied
    Originally posted by diveman_21 View Post
    Well, I finished my interview and sizing. Anyone have any idea whats the next stage
    I withdrew from the process because I accepted a full time permanent LE Ranger job with the National Park Service. I have FLETC LMPT and fed. hiring status so I may have freed up a position for the other applicants. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• diveman_21
    replied
    Well, I finished my interview and sizing. Anyone have any idea whats the next stage

Leave a comment:

• diveman_21
    replied
    Originally posted by ASR62 View Post
    I interview tomorrow. When's yours? I was told it's a panel interview with high ranking officers. Apparently they have been interviewing for a few weeks now. I was just advised on tues that afterwards I go for a urine test and get fitted for uniforms.
    I go on Monday. I can understand the urine test; but, the fitting for uniforms. Does that mean you already have the position? Does anybody know when they are looking to fill these positions?

Leave a comment:

• diveman_21
    replied
    I go on Monday. I understand the urine test; but, getting fitted for uniforms. Does that mean you have the position? When are they looking to fill these positions?

Leave a comment:

• diveman_21
    replied
    I go on Monday. I understand the urine test; but, getting fitted for uniforms. Does that mean you have the position? When are they looking to fill these positions?

Leave a comment:

• ASR62
    replied
    Originally posted by Cman21 View Post
    Make sure you know a decent amout of info about some of the animals that are in the zoo (i.e. eating habits, behavioral issues, etc.). I was asked a few questions like this during my interview. It seemed like the most were about the lions.
    Thanks for the heads up. Did you also have a urine test and were you fitted for uniforms? Where did you park?

Leave a comment:

• Cman21
    replied
    Originally posted by ASR62 View Post
    I interview tomorrow. When's yours? I was told it's a panel interview with high ranking officers. Apparently they have been interviewing for a few weeks now. I was just advised on tues that afterwards I go for a urine test and get fitted for uniforms.
    Make sure you know a decent amout of info about some of the animals that are in the zoo (i.e. eating habits, behavioral issues, etc.). I was asked a few questions like this during my interview. It seemed like the most were about the lions.

Leave a comment:

• ASR62
    replied
    I know this is late; but, has anyone else been called for an interview yet? Can I get some advise as to what to expect.

Leave a comment:

• diveman_21
    replied
    I know this is late; but, has anyone else been called for an interview yet? Can I get some advise as to what to expect.

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    I applied for both the police officer and sgt positions. Iam RIF so I get head of the line privledges. Im guessing that alot of ex military and folks looking for a wider patrol area applied. I was also rated and qualified for the VA Police in DC.

Leave a comment:

• ASR62
    replied
    Talked with HR today and she said there were 202 people who applied for the status candidate announcement and over 700 who applied for the competitive announcement. Hey Orlandofed.... that seems like a lot for 9 positions. Did that many apply back when you did or do you think it's because there are very few LE jobs right now due to the budget cuts?

Leave a comment:

• ASR62
    replied
    Found this info. and thought it was interesting.

National Zoological Park Police

The National Zoological Park Police (NZPP) began its service to the Smithsonian National Zoological Park and Washington DC on August 6, 1890 with 2 watchmen appointed to watch the Zoological Park of 165 acres and to perform a variety of duties in addition to law enforcement duties.

In 1891, 6 Metropolitan Police Officers were appointed to patrol the Zoo and perform law enforcement duties. In 1933, there was a mounted horse patrol established and flourished until it was disbanded in 1966.

In the 21st century, the National Zoological Park Police, with their unique uniforms; dark green pants, khaki shirts, Stetson hats, and gold badges enforce the DC Code and US Code with a partnership with the Metropolitan Police District Of Columbia (MPDC) and the United States Park Police (USPP) no longer resemble the meger Police Force of over 100 years ago.

With the every changing climate in today’s society, the NZPP is a Federal Police Force that encompasses a professional group of men and women trained and ready to respond to almost any call for assistance; from a lost child to much more serious matters. The department is equipped with Mountain Bikes, Segway, Motorcycles, Police Vehicles, and Gators and of course the traditional foot beat officer.

NZPP interacts with over 3.5 million visitors a year, in addition the many neighborhoods that surround the park inclusive of commercial businesses and private residences.
    Last edited by ASR62; 05-17-2011, 11:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ASR62
    replied
    Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
    Yes, they get cert lists. I had to go to the NZPP police station for the interview.
    Orlandofed, thanks again for the info.

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    Yes, they get cert lists. I had to go to the NZPP police station for the interview.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6150 users online. 335 members and 5815 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X