300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about military experience and law enforcement

Is it true that veterans can transfer their military experience and years to federal government jobs, especially law enforcement agencies? Let's say a veteran was in the military for five years, so does that mean he or she will receive five year veteran salary?

A vet can buy time from the G for every year you serve. So you can get credit for your military service for retirement.

You still have to do twenty as a LEO to get the law enforcement retirement. Military service will not get you a hire salary unless you have time as a military criminal investigator, that might qualify you for a hire grade on entry.
    "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")

Comment

The most your time in military does is used to calculate when you get the leave jumps. Initial hires only get 4 hours per pay period, but the time in service can give you a jump on earning 6 and 8 hours leave per pay period.
      GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by jkcareer101 View Post
        Is it true that veterans can transfer their military experience and years to federal government jobs, especially law enforcement agencies? Let's say a veteran was in the military for five years, so does that mean he or she will receive five year veteran salary?

Comment

You will basically payback 3% of your earnings from your time in the military. 5 years could cost you a couple grand to buy back, worth it in the end if you retire.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3298 users online. 187 members and 3111 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X