Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maryland Transportation Authority Question?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maryland Transportation Authority Question?

I'm currently certified through maryland with Baltimore City and was hoping to get someone to give me their honest opinion on the MTA Police? I have been looking a lot lately to lateral out of Baltimore City but just unsure on what agency to go with. I also live in the Baltimore area so I wasn't looking to add an insane commute either. What are some of the benefits of the agency and I don't mean the ones they put on the flyer? How are the cars, step increases, equipment, retirement, morale, furloughs, etc? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

My cousin just retired from there not too long ago. He did like working for them, but hated upper management. He had nothing good to say about the way officers were treated. If I were you I would look into Baltimore County. I have some buddies from high school that work there and they have few bad things to say. I went through their SWAT School a few years back and those guys are very good guys. I still keep in touch with some. If I would have gone local, that's who I would have gone with. You might also want to look into Howard and Anne Arundel County.

Comment

For some reason I don't think Balt Co takes laterals.

I would check out Harford County, real good group of guys and lots of former BPD. Overall the county is exploding with growth and great place to raise a family, just stay away from Route 40. Harford will need to continue expansion and to keep up with population growth.

Will never understand why MdTA isn't the Highway Patrol of central MD and let MSP be more full service but that is another thread.

Can some explain the difference between Transit Police and Transportation Police...why don't they merge?

Originally posted by manstown View Post
      My cousin just retired from there not too long ago. He did like working for them, but hated upper management. He had nothing good to say about the way officers were treated. If I were you I would look into Baltimore County. I have some buddies from high school that work there and they have few bad things to say. I went through their SWAT School a few years back and those guys are very good guys. I still keep in touch with some. If I would have gone local, that's who I would have gone with. You might also want to look into Howard and Anne Arundel County.
      Last edited by UD4LIFE; 04-23-2011, 08:27 AM.

Comment

They don't take laterals that often. When I was going through their SWAT school, 3 years ago, they were telling me that they were in the process of doing it for the first time in a while. Not sure how long it lasted or how often they do it as of now. Probably a call to a recruiter could clear that up. Don't see why they'd make someone from BPD go through another academy given laws are pretty much the same.

Comment

Yeah I talked to a recruiter and they said they haven't taken laterals in a long time. They basically told me that "when" they started hiring I would have to go through the whole process again and another academy, which I'm actually not totally against. It's just that they are not hiring right now so if anyone knows anything otherwise please let me know cause I would be willing to go through their academy again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4944 users online. 295 members and 4649 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X