300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOV Paid Move

I am a current Justice Department employee. I am waiting for an FBI Q date. If the FBI moves me, do they have to pay for it?
    I have heard yes, if you have more than 3 years in service (which, I dont).

Originally posted by standardkeeper View Post
    I am a current Justice Department employee. I am waiting for an FBI Q date. If the FBI moves me, do they have to pay for it?
    I have heard yes, if you have more than 3 years in service (which, I dont).
    Most initial appointments do NOT provide PCS funds, even if you're already a government employee (especially the big agencies). I can't speak specifically for the FBI, though. I'm sure someone on the board can.

Comment

First move is on you. Each one after could be on them depending on whether or not it is forced or voluntary.

Comment

Look at the hiring annoucements as well.....some PCS, some don't.....

But when it comes to FLEO, most (if not all) agencies will make you pay for your first move then take care of you after that...... I am sure there are some exceptions to that rule.....

My buddy had 4 years on with DEA and had to do his first move when he went over to the FBI.....

Comment

I paid for one move (my first) in 20+ years of federal service.
          I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

USSS/UD is the only agency I've ever heard of that pays for your first move. I'm not sure if they pay for their 1811s first move. After that, uncle sugar pays you very well to relocate.

Comment

Originally posted by SHU View Post
              USSS/UD is the only agency I've ever heard of that pays for your first move. I'm not sure if they pay for their 1811s first move. After that, uncle sugar pays you very well to relocate.
              That's a no regarding the 1811 policy for USSS

Comment

Like others have said, unless it is in the announcement, PCS is usually not authorized for initial hires, or voluntary career changes. There are exceptions made for hard to fill positions or remote locations. The downside to PCS, in my opinion, is the requirement to sign a service agreement. They can be for up to three years, as well as the terms on the use of PCS and TQSE on certain types of living arrangements. If you can get it, it is a good chunk of change, just shy of 40k for my last move. That said, you will be taxed on most of that money, where if you don't take PCS you can claim your move on your taxes.

Long to short, take it if it is offered and you can afford the taxes on it.

Comment

USSS is the only agency I've seen pay for relocation expenses upon initial appointment, for new hires and laterals.....for both UD and SA
                  Information Session - Denver, 21 May 2009
                  Interview - Washington D.C., 1 Sep 2009
                  Conditional Offer - 13 Nov 2009
                  Background - 20 Nov 2009 / Cleared 20 Mar 2010
                  Medical - 23 Dec 2009 / Cleared 5 Jan 2010
                  Drug Test - 5 Jan 2010
                  FIT - 5 June 2010, 2 Dec 2010, 15 Jan 2011
                  FLETC -
                  March 1, 2011

Comment

USSS only pays for UD initial move. Not for SA initial move.

For the FBI they can help on some cost of initial if you move from a low cost of living area (Akron) to DC. But that is not common and not a FULL relo package. Most new agents will pay for initial move

Originally posted by RUMotarded View Post
                    USSS is the only agency I've seen pay for relocation expenses upon initial appointment, for new hires and laterals.....for both UD and SA

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4165 users online. 210 members and 3955 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X