Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSO Question About Employment... Any TSO's out there plz Read!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPD4LYFE View Post
    yes I am also contemplating joining the U.S. Army as an officer and go to OCS, I just don't like how you cant pick which branch you will be going into. The way the economy is I think that is a good move.
    I was enlisted for 3 years in the Army and 6 years in the Coast Guard and it was a great experience. It is a a good job whether you just do it as an experience or career. If you go Officer the pay is even better. I got burned out from moving around the country so much, I finally got back to Texas and that's why I decided to get out and stay here. I don't regret a second of my military time.

Comment

Anyone know how long it takes after medical to be called back?
      NYS University Police: 80%
      NYS Parks Police: 80%
      NYPD: 102.6%
      NYC Sheriff: 97.6%

"It drops deep as it does in my breath
      I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death
      Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined
      I think of crime when I'm in a New York State of Mind" -Nasir Jones

Comment

Originally posted by hexen220 View Post
        well tso is not exactly my first choice..... Im ready to enlist in the military (and think it would be best for me), i dont even care what MOS i get as long as its a good job or something respectable like infantry
        Heh well I don't think a TSO is anyone's first choice, but if you're trying to get a foot in the door this seems to be the easiest route.

Comment

I just finished the Airport Assessment for Miami International Airport, and had some questions regarding the TSO position...

1st, is the pay negotiable when you go to your job offer?? Or is everyone hired at the same rate plus locality pay.
          2nd, im currently a student at a university and wanted to know if TSA will work with me as far as availability for my school schedule thats twice a week from 6pm to 9pm.
          3rd, is the job really as bad as some TSO's make it seem, and is there ample room for job growth?

Thank you to all TSO's out there that want to chime in on their experience
          how was the assessment??

Comment

pretty easy really, you have to pass a structured interview; mine was with two tsa reps, and then you do a color-vision test which is cake and then fingerprints, and thats it.
            what kind of questions do they ask in the structure interview???

Comment

How are the schedules like???
              As a rookie will you be working weekends forever or is it rotational weekends??? Thanks.

Comment

Anyone know how long the background check to be cleared for ready pool?

Comment

You will be working weekends until the next bid happens. And you will probably work all weekend or at least part of the weekend after that too. Bid goes by seniority, I do not know how many Bids they have in FL but in JFK it happens once a year. There are no rotating shifts. But I do know one lead and one supe who work 4 10s and they rotate days off, but no TSOs I know have that option.
                  CBPO
                  TO - 05/08 JFK
                  EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

anyone happen to have the link for the e86 forms, i accidentally deleted the original email that probably contained the link now i cant find the website
                    officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

Just to give a heads up just got the call for EWR start 9/12.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10646 users online. 505 members and 10141 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X