Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSO Question About Employment... Any TSO's out there plz Read!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPD4LYFE View Post
    I took the test on 03/02/2011, the whole process for me has taken roughly 4 months from time of app. to entry into the ready pool, which was 05/20/2011. Just waiting now for that phone call from MIA.
    That's awesome! I'm in Miami too which is why I asked lol. I took the test on March 10th and am now just sitting around waiting for the background investigation to take place.
    ICE 1811

Test: July 09
    NOR: August 09
    SI/WA: 12/3/10
    NOR: 12/29/10
    TO: 01/03/11
    Medical: 01/24/11
    Drug Test: 01/26/11
    Background: 02/10/11
    T&S: 03/30/11

Comment

Originally posted by hexen220 View Post
      how long does it take to be called from an airport assessment, i applied as part time in newark airport in jersey i passed the computer test and the credit check, just wondering the announcement closes on the 28th
      Hey I applied in April 2010 for TSO in EWR and was stuck on invited to airport assessment ever since and almost a year to the day that i had finished the credit check I got called today for my AA upcoming Saturday..
      Last edited by JayBe88; 05-23-2011, 11:14 PM.
      NYS University Police: 80%
      NYS Parks Police: 80%
      NYPD: 102.6%
      NYC Sheriff: 97.6%

"It drops deep as it does in my breath
      I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death
      Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined
      I think of crime when I'm in a New York State of Mind" -Nasir Jones

Comment

Anyone have any insight on what to expect for the Airport Assessment it will be greatly appreciated..?

Comment

pretty easy really, you have to pass a structured interview; mine was with two tsa reps, and then you do a color-vision test which is cake and then fingerprints, and thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by JayBe88 View Post
            Hey I applied in April 2010 for TSO in EWR and was stuck on invited to airport assessment ever since and almost a year to the day that i had finished the credit check I got called today for my AA upcoming Saturday..
            real encouraging, i took the test sometime last year but that was for a different air port and a few months ago i applied to the newark announcement that opened up. is that what happened to you or is newark the airport you took the test for
            officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

real encouraging, i took the test sometime last year but that was for a different air port and a few months ago i applied to the newark announcement that opened up. is that what happened to you or is newark the airport you took the test for
              Well I applied for the EWR In April 2010 and was stuck on Airport Assessment ever since, when I saw opening again in April 2011 I applied for it again and on the Dashboard it posted a new applied date and I got a call now in May so if that helps out more how it happened and keep a lookout for a private phone number..

Comment

Originally posted by MDPD4LYFE View Post
                pretty easy really, you have to pass a structured interview; mine was with two tsa reps, and then you do a color-vision test which is cake and then fingerprints, and thats it.
                What type of questions do they ask you just want to have a heads up on what to come. Thanks..

Comment

Don't get to hung up on Dashboard. I knew I had passed airport assesment and medical and it took a while to see the green checkmark. Be ready for E86, start looking for accurate personal information for the last 10 years. I though mine was solid but I still had it sent back 3 times for corrections. It has to be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by MSST04 View Post
                    Don't get to hung up on Dashboard. I knew I had passed airport assesment and medical and it took a while to see the green checkmark. Be ready for E86, start looking for accurate personal information for the last 10 years. I though mine was solid but I still had it sent back 3 times for corrections. It has to be perfect.
                    Can I start it before I go to airport assessment?

Comment

Yes you can. I started mine about 3 weeks before the AA, but didnt get it sent back to me for corrections until after I had completed the AA.

On a side note anyone know how long it takes to recieve a final offer from the time you have entered the ready pool??

Comment

i just got invited to the airport assessment in Newark NJ. But my questions is would this job be considered a stepping stone to other jobs considering its part time. And how long does the process take once you get called for an interview
                        officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

I was told by a TSA officer that TSO's are usually hired on a part time basis. How long we will be on part time depends on several factors including your performance, airport, workforce strenght etc. The officer told me some people move up fast and there is a structured career progression. Stepping Stone, I guess it depends on you. If you look at the available positions after TSO( lead, master, expert, supervisory with accompaning pay bands) and lateral positions like BDO its not a bad career. As far as lenght of hiring , I went from application to background check in one month.

Comment

i just got invited to the airport assessment in Newark NJ. But my questions is would this job be considered a stepping stone to other jobs considering its part time. And how long does the process take once you get called for an interview
                            Glad to hear that and yes its a good stepping stone considering its a federal job.. Also I passed my AA dont stress it and schedule for my medical already..

Comment

well tso is not exactly my first choice..... Im ready to enlist in the military (and think it would be best for me), i dont even care what MOS i get as long as its a good job or something respectable like infantry

Comment

yes I am also contemplating joining the U.S. Army as an officer and go to OCS, I just don't like how you cant pick which branch you will be going into. The way the economy is I think that is a good move.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10508 users online. 495 members and 10013 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X