300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Jobs While applying to LEO positions

I wanted to get some feedback from the officer.com community on changing jobs while applying to LEO positions. I am currently going through the hiring process for FAMS and Border Patrol. I currently work at a job that I hate but I have been with my company for close to 5 years. I am a sales manager and may have an opportunity to go to another company in a different industry. The money would be at least the same (possibly 10-20% more depending on performance because of bonuses and profit sharing) and the hours and work/life balance would be better. Neither job is in a field related to law enforcement.

What impact if any will being at a job for only a few months as opposed to 5 years have on my chances of getting into a FLEO job?

IMO, none. You're leaving your old job for valid reasons. No law enforcement agency can expect you to stay put and wait for their call - a call that may never come. You have to do what's best for you. As long as it's reasonable, they'll understand.
    I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Just make sure to let your BI know if/when you switch employers

Comment

It shouldn't have any impact.

Comment

i have made a couple moves since getting out of the Military a year of so ago. Each time I have asked the agencies I am applying to if this matters. Each time they say no. As long as you are leaving on good terms, you are honest about it, and there were no issues of integrity. This is even the case if you leave a job after a short period of time for a better one. i would not worry about it.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3690 users online. 195 members and 3495 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X