X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tony D1811
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2010

FLETC Internship Program

I will be participating in the FLETC College internship program this summer and was wondering if anyone had experience with this program or talked to people in it and can share some of your insight/stories?
  • manstown
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2005

You won't be doing much outside of admin type work. You will get to do some of the things new hires do. From what I hear about the program is that it is a very good intership. If you think about it, it is a great way to make contacts.

Comment

• Tony D1811
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2010

I was under the impression that it would be mostly admin work. They were very vague about it though. They did mention working on the training programs and material as a possibility.

As an intern I know you have to present yourself professionally. At FLETC should I dress in business professional attire consistently (Suit and Tie)? I ask because different employers have different expectations of whats professional. I know it is always best to be overdressed than underdressed.

Comment

• Tony D1811
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by ringo3727
        You have to clean up the chow line after all the BPA go through it.
        Hey what ever I got to do to get to where I need to be (within reason) lol. I was told I will be working with the IG training program, but I am not sure if there are multiple IG programs since there is a different IG for each organization.

Comment

• FedLaw
          Banned
          • Nov 2009

When I went through FLETC my CITP class had an intern attached to it. They let him work out and do ORT with us for a while, but he was a bit annoying and they ended up pulling the reigns back a bit. Do as much as they will let you do, but just know your place and why you are there (to learn).

The IG program is much shorter than the regular CITP program that 1811's go through. You should try to attach to CITP if they will let you.

Comment

• FedLaw
            Banned
            • Nov 2009

When I went through FLETC my CITP class had an intern attached to it. They let him work out and do ORT with us for a while, but he was a bit annoying and they ended up pulling the reigns back a bit. Do as much as they will let you do, but just know your place and why you are there (to learn).

The IG program is much shorter than the regular CITP program that 1811's go through. You should try to attach to CITP if they will let you.

Comment

• Tony D1811
              Forum Member
              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by FedLaw

If I have the opportunity to participate in the CITP classes, I will take full advantage. I definitely will have a humble and professional mindset while there. It would be interesting to know if the intern was able to keep up with the PT/ORT. Without asking, I wouldn't have anticipated that opportunity.

Comment

• FedLaw
                Banned
                • Nov 2009

The PT at FLETC is far from grueling ha ha. You get smoked now and again, but honestly it's a joke compared to the military. Good luck with the internship and have fun in Brunswick ha ha.

Be sure to check out The Red Carpet Lounge, located in historic Brunswick. No trip to FLETC is complete without it.

Comment

• Tony D1811
                  Forum Member
                  • Jun 2010

Fun in Brunswick? That sounds like sarcasm lol.

Comment

• DARE_SUPPORTER
                    Click it or Ticket!!!
                    • Mar 2009

We had an Intern attached to one of my Legal clases when I went through LMPT, I only saw him a coupld of times, he basically just set around and watched the instructor instruct. He wore the same attire as the Instructors polo and BDU's.

I would say go for it and enjoy...MAKE CONTACTS!!!

Comment

• Tony D1811
                      Forum Member
                      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by DARE_SUPPORTER
                      We had an Intern attached to one of my Legal clases when I went through LMPT, I only saw him a coupld of times, he basically just set around and watched the instructor instruct. He wore the same attire as the Instructors polo and BDU's.

I would say go for it and enjoy...MAKE CONTACTS!!!
                      Yea they said you spend 50% of your time auditing classes. They never elaborated on that. Seems like participation levels depend on the instructor.

I will definitely make some contacts.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

• MPK9
                        Forum Member
                        • Aug 2010

I'm there now and the interns I saw did just that, stand around try to look cool and watch....LOL, and get @#$% faced at the G-Bar and then well for the females......you know...LOL. Anyway, go there and learn dont try to act as if your in already.

Take care.

Comment

• Tony D1811
                          Forum Member
                          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by MPK9
                          I'm there now and the interns I saw did just that, stand around try to look cool and watch....LOL, and get @#$% faced at the G-Bar and then well for the females......you know...LOL. Anyway, go there and learn dont try to act as if your in already.

Take care.
                          Thanks for the insight.

Comment

• UD4LIFE
                            Forum Member
                            • Nov 2006

Red Carpet Lounge...just kidding man...stay away!

Here are some things to do in Brunswick area, hope it helps. http://www.fletcforum.com/2010/08/25...g-and-fishing/

Originally posted by Tony D1811
                            Fun in Brunswick? That sounds like sarcasm lol.

Comment

• Tony D1811
                              Forum Member
                              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by UD4LIFE
                              Red Carpet Lounge...just kidding man...stay away!

Here are some things to do in Brunswick area, hope it helps. http://www.fletcforum.com/2010/08/25...g-and-fishing/
                              Thanks for recommending the site. It had a lot of useful information. Now I am curious what the Red Carpet Lounge is lol.

That info lead to me to some questions. If your coming from the west coast and can't drive, are you screwing yourself? How often do people buy POS cars or motorcycles while they're out there just so they can get around?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21497 users online. 60 members and 21437 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...