300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEA Diversion Investigator

DEA Diversion Investigator Positions are listed on USA Jobs. I know that this is not a covered position (and no gun/badge). But can someone speaking from experience shed any light on the position...?

It would appear that the academy is 3 months long at Quantico - which is pretty substantial...

Any insight would be appreciated.

I just applied for both GS-9's and 11 spots. I'm currently a covered 1801 (GS 12) hoping to get picked up. Any info will be appreciated. I looked on the site and read the announcement but would like to hear from those on the job. I figure the schedule is M-F, no gun, etc. Are there perks like the ATF Investigator job like take-home car, work from home?

Comment

Applied myself, looking for the same answers. There is another forum regarding DI's however, some of the questions are not answered.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cop320 View Post
        I figure the schedule is M-F, no gun, etc. Are there perks like the ATF Investigator job like take-home car, work from home?
        M-F as long as nothing special is going on. No take-home car, no telecommuting. No LEAP pay.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Can any overtime be gotten since there is no LEAP?

Comment

Well, by statute, sure, but the nature of diversion work is such that you can pretty much plan it out to fit into business hours.

Comment

Originally posted by espantoon View Post
              M-F as long as nothing special is going on. No take-home car, no telecommuting. No LEAP pay.
              The current announcement has many locations on it without corresponding DEA office locations. How does that work regarding no office to report to and no G-Ride to drive to and from appointments? Does the DEA force move DI often?
              Last edited by bkc2a; 04-13-2011, 11:19 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean. With 80 vacancies, they can't list each one and be sure there will be no changes between today and the date the offers go out.

When an applicant gets a job offer, they are told before they accept the offer exactly which office they will be working out of. After training, the new DI reports to and works out of that office.

Government owned vehicles are authorized for use in official duties, but take-home policies are dependent on the needs of the agency, not the employee. SAs get take-home cars because they so often are called out to deal with matters which require immediate attention at unusual hours that it is impractical to keep the vehicles at the office. The nature of DI work is such that it will be highly unlikely one would be called out at, say, 0300 with no notice.

As for forced moves, it's a non-issue with the exception of voluntary transfers and promotions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5951 users online. 337 members and 5614 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X