300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irs 1811

Just received my rating for the recent IRS CI external posting. I was a B--Highly Qualified. Since the posting says that the A--Superior candidates must first be exhausted before the next category's candidates will be brought through, I just wanted to see if anyone had personal insight on this process. I think I remember something like the first 250 qualified candidates.....How many Bs or Cs actually have a chance to get hired? How many SA positions, roughly, are going to be filled across the country?

Any info would be great! Thanks

Originally posted by readte12 View Post
    Just received my rating for the recent IRS CI external posting. I was a B--Highly Qualified. Since the posting says that the A--Superior candidates must first be exhausted before the next category's candidates will be brought through, I just wanted to see if anyone had personal insight on this process. I think I remember something like the first 250 qualified candidates.....How many Bs or Cs actually have a chance to get hired? How many SA positions, roughly, are going to be filled across the country?

How did you receive your rating? Via email?
    Any info would be great! Thanks

Comment

Yes, I received it in an email a few days ago.

Comment

I just got the following email:

Department of the Treasury
        Internal Revenue Service

Human Capital Office
        Employment, Talent & Security
        Delegated Examining Unit
        550 Main Street, Room 5015
        Cincinnati, OH 45202

Criminal Investigator (Special Agent)
        11CN1-CIX0012-1811-9T12-P

Dear XXXXX:

Thank you for your interest in employment with the Internal Revenue Service. This is a Notice of Rating. This is not a job offer.

Your application for the Criminal Investigator (Special Agent), 1811 & 09 position was received and processed in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidelines. Based upon your on line responses to the vacancy questions, we are pleased to inform you that you tentatively meet the basic qualification requirements for the above position but are not part of the first 250 that applied. If the hiring needs increase you will be given first consideration after the first 250 applicants have been exhausted.

You are rated as follows:

Rating: SUPERIOR QUALIFIED (Category A)
        Eligible Grades: 09
        Veteran's Status: NOT A VET

Sincerely,

Cincinnati Employment Branch

Comment

Originally posted by readte12 View Post
          Yes, I received it in an email a few days ago.
          Thanks. Just received mine about 15 minutes ago. Superior (A) rating for me too

Comment

Originally posted by sln78 View Post
            I just got the following email:

Department of the Treasury
            Internal Revenue Service

Human Capital Office
            Employment, Talent & Security
            Delegated Examining Unit
            550 Main Street, Room 5015
            Cincinnati, OH 45202

Criminal Investigator (Special Agent)
            11CN1-CIX0012-1811-9T12-P

Dear XXXXX:

Thank you for your interest in employment with the Internal Revenue Service. This is a Notice of Rating. This is not a job offer.

Your application for the Criminal Investigator (Special Agent), 1811 & 09 position was received and processed in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidelines. Based upon your on line responses to the vacancy questions, we are pleased to inform you that you tentatively meet the basic qualification requirements for the above position but are not part of the first 250 that applied. If the hiring needs increase you will be given first consideration after the first 250 applicants have been exhausted.

You are rated as follows:

Rating: SUPERIOR QUALIFIED (Category A)
            Eligible Grades: 09
            Veteran's Status: NOT A VET

Sincerely,

Cincinnati Employment Branch
            Woeee! Congrats! What is your background?
            CBPO
            Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
            TO: 2/2011
            Medical: 3/22/2011
            PT Test: 3/22/2011
            VBT: 3/2011
            Background: 3/2011
            Drug Test: 4/2011
            Referred to TSU: 5/2011
            PT Test 2: TBD
            FLETC: Good Question lol
            CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
            Info Session 9/2009
            Interview 3/2010
            COE 5/2010
            Medical 5/2010
            Fit/Background 7/2010
            All clear as of 11/2010
            FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

I actually applied as a fluke... I didn't think I would get the "Superior Qualified (A)" rating.

I have my MBA in Corporate Finance and work in Security Risk Management at a Bank. I don't have my CPA though so I didn't think it would be enough. But like any other job, I figured it certainly couldn't hurt to submit my app... Guess so far I was right.

Comment

I applied under the "whats the worst that can happen doctrine".. Received superior qualified rating, but was not among the first 250.No financial degrees but have done financial investigations...
                Last edited by DaBrook6; 04-01-2011, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBrook6 View Post
                  I applied under the "whats the worst that can happen doctrine".. Received superior qualified rating, but was not among the first 250.No financial degrees but have done financial investigations...
                  My question is......are they taking the first 250 applicants with the superior rating, or the first 250 applicants that are qualified at any level??? How do you do a "first come, first served" hiring process instead of taking the most qualified people?!

Comment

Originally posted by tsfl89 View Post
                    My question is......are they taking the first 250 applicants with the superior rating, or the first 250 applicants that are qualified at any level??? How do you do a "first come, first served" hiring process instead of taking the most qualified people?!
                    I would assume they're going to start w/ the 1st 250 applicants w/ a superior rating. Then exhaust all other applicants in the superior rating group. Once they're are done w/ them move on to group B and then C if they need to...

Comment

I heard this story about airline pilots, but it seems to apply here. The chief pilot walks in to his office and sees 2 stacks of resumes. The secretary tells him that those are the resumes for the pilots who applied for the new position. The chief pilot promptly picks up one of the stacks and drops it in the trash can. When the secretary asks why, the chief pilot says "Because I don't want some unlucky SOB working for me."

Anyway, good luck to you all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7371 users online. 321 members and 7050 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X