300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winston Salem, starting process....

Well I have been a member for some time and this forum was very helpful when I applied for the Greensboro police but sadly my weight kept me out of that and then just concentrated on school. Now I received a letter from the Winston Salem Police department for my physical and psych test April 16. Weight is no longer an issue, still more to go but now within the numbers where they want you to be. I am very concerned about certain things that I cannot or would want to hide.
    The good things I can say are
    - Do not drink or smoke
    - Have 8 months left before I get my degree on Computer Networking
    - Fluent in Spanish and English which is something they really need right now.
    - Only used marijuana two or three times in my life but that was well over 8 years ago. I am 27 now. Never used anything else.
    The bad.
    - Due to a medical emergency two weeks before I was eligible for insurance I had to file for bankruptcy with over 50,000 in bills. This is still an ongoing process since this was in January.
    - I have gotten two speeding tickets in the last 8 months, both of them 7 miles over the limit but besides that my record is clean.
    - I have stolen, worked at a dealership and we used to remove radios from cars that were going to be junked but obviously did not belong to us, that was when I was 18 and regret doing it.
    - Had a boss that refused to pay me my earned commission so I used his account for items for my car that would compensate the amount he owed me.
    - I drove drunk once and did not get caught.
    - Also drove a couple of times without a license and was never pulled over.

Besides that I have always tried to maintain a pretty straight edge life but have made mistakes like anybody else. I am terrified by the lie detector test, as I said I do not plan on hiding anything but do not want them to judge me and assume that I am the same person I was 8 years ago but well aware that every decision we make in life has a consequence. This is a job that I really want and hope that they can understand that nobody is perfect. My main question to you guys is this, do I really have a shot or because of what I stated here am I just wasting my and their time. Any answers will be very valuable to me. Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by cruz1984 View Post
    The bad.
    - Due to a medical emergency two weeks before I was eligible for insurance I had to file for bankruptcy with over 50,000 in bills. This is still an ongoing process since this was in January. Could be a problem as a lot of departments require that you wait a minimum of 5 years from the date of filing. If you are handling your bill you may be able to explain this to a BI.
    - I have gotten two speeding tickets in the last 8 months, both of them 7 miles over the limit but besides that my record is clean.Big problem, shows disregard for the law. Average wait after a ticket is 3 years.
    - I have stolen, worked at a dealership and we used to remove radios from cars that were going to be junked but obviously did not belong to us, that was when I was 18 and regret doing it.Theft from an employer...integrity issue. This may get you tossed.
    - Had a boss that refused to pay me my earned commission so I used his account for items for my car that would compensate the amount he owed me. Theft from an employer for a second time, almost positive now that your application will get tossed out...who knows.
    - I drove drunk once and did not get caught.Poor judgement but not a deal killer.
    - Also drove a couple of times without a license and was never pulled over. Again, poor judgement but not a deal killer.

Comment

Instant DQ!!!

From your background, you have integrity issues, you have stolen on more than (1) occassion.
      Last edited by DARE_SUPPORTER; 03-26-2011, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Don't bother applying. I don't want you to get hired and steal my boots from the locker room!

Comment

Wow. Some people have a lot on their hands. And all I'm worried about is passing the 1 and 1/2 mile run. lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2690 users online. 149 members and 2541 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X