300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLETC for FAM's

I have been looking around and haven't found much on the academy for the FAM's. If anyone has some helpful info, (that’s not OPSEC) I am sure there are few people out there that would appreciate it. If you don’t want to post it please PM me.
    Thanks

Its going to be pretty much OPSEC/SSI info on that....

In a nutshell.....PT/PT/PT.....Shoot/Shoot/Shoot..... with some class room stuff tossed in....

You need to be in very good shape when you show up. If you have issues shooting....you will go through enough rounds that you won't have any issues....with lots of instructional help....so don't run out and buy 20 cases of ammo..... Better for them to teach you instead of you going out and learning crappy habits that need to be broken....

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat357 View Post
      its going to be pretty much opsec/ssi info on that....

In a nutshell.....pt/pt/pt.....shoot/shoot/shoot..... With some class room stuff tossed in....

You need to be in very good shape when you show up. If you have issues shooting....you will go through enough rounds that you won't have any issues....with lots of instructional help....so don't run out and buy 20 cases of ammo..... Better for them to teach you instead of you going out and learning crappy habits that need to be broken....
      ^^^^^ this!!!! X2

Comment

FYI....someone down there now just posted in the main FAM thread.....and stated the same thing.

Dont go down there out of shape....and expect their academy to get you into shape...... It will haunt you..... He said instructors are tired of slogs showing up and doing things half-assed and not realizing what the job really is all about....

Comment

HA HA ya I just read that. I know that should go without saying but.....I guess it must be said.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
            HA HA ya I just read that. I know that should go without saying but.....I guess it must be said.
            Just wait.....if you get down there (I have no clue about your status and am too lazy to look at prior posts.....as I am thinking about Happy Hour already at 1PM... ) you will see PT studs to PT duds.....and everything in btwn......and it will be driving the instructors insane.....

Comment

Well I have a chance......I got my COE for BOS. I am no stud but I think I will hold my own. I have been through basic and a LE academy, I just trying to get a grasp on what to expect thats all.

Comment

How does it compare to UPTP FLETC course?

Comment

Originally posted by irishguy View Post
                  How does it compare to UPTP FLETC course?
                  are u kidding me? UPTP is a joke.

Comment

No, not kidding hence the question. I don't recall stating that UPTP was hard or easy, I was asking for a comparison thanks for providing no insight whatsoever.
                    Last edited by irishguy; 03-25-2011, 09:14 PM.

Comment

I like like your style Irish.... I'm to believe that no matter where we are at it's OPSEC from the get go. Don't show up as an ***** bag even though Artesia is about 4-5'k AGL... That's OPSEC. Don't worry about doing circle drills or crazy Indians because you've never shoot a pistol before b/c it's OPSEC. None of that stuff can be found anywhere on Google, which I have stock in, so just look up old posts on FLETC on here and hope for the best. Yes it goes back to the farmer who can only care for the stuff within his control, and for us that's PT.

Comment

Oh yeah Ace thanks for starting this line. I'm sure a lot of guys would lie to know what Artesia has to offer in terms of PT, the rooms, and the surroundings (El Paso, Roswell, etc...). I'm sure doing Burpee's and kettle bells will be all you need to know for PT.

Comment

Originally posted by Tier1 View Post
                          Oh yeah Ace thanks for starting this line. I'm sure a lot of guys would lie to know what Artesia has to offer in terms of PT, the rooms, and the surroundings (El Paso, Roswell, etc...). I'm sure doing Burpee's and kettle bells will be all you need to know for PT.
                          Ill add this... You will see plenty of PT and ORT with FAMS and FLETC Instructors. You not only need to be able to pass the PEB, but have a well rounded PT ability as you will do multiple hours of ground tactics in a session. Do know that the exact mix of your PT will depend on which instructors your class is assigned, but you will run at least a mile just about everyday.As for the non-pt part of your training, that is all OPSEC, but it will involve lots of range time and college-like classroom training.

Comment

Buddy just went through, and he had been through USBP academy and LMPT, and he said it was harder physically, and repeat on the legal stuff. He did say it was some good shooting trg, but everyone knows that.
                            ...and is commended as being worthy of trust and confidence

Comment

Desert rat and OIG thank you for the insight on what to expect. You guys definitely filled in a lot of the gaps and fears that everyone is feeling/ going through. I'm pretty sure that everyone is not so much worried about the classroom and shooting as they are about the atmosphere of the area and what it holds.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3675 users online. 198 members and 3477 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X