300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question with Polygraph Test.

Good morning, Today I went in for my Polygraph test which I was nervous but at the same time excited. From what I hear its pretty much one of the biggest obstacles. So this morning when I met my Poly examiner we went over few questions on my app on what she may ask me while I'm hooked up to the machine. They where few things job related, nothing Illegal that was not originally on the application. Well it wasn't in full detail, for example at a previous job I put reason for leaving is tardies, but I never went in depth on app like did I do 2 week notices etc..Long story short I'm creating this thread to see if I just got canned or is this a procedure they have to do to update my application since she was writing updated information on it. My recruiter was not there in the office because he is away on a mini vacation.

Your thread is a oittle confusing to me, but it sounds like business as usual, which has nothing to do with what the results are gonna be.

Comment

I just felt like If I just lost my dreams of becoming LE when She told me we are not going to continue because my information has to be corrected. Because I already had the initial interview which you go over your packet with the recruiter which he determines ok he is ready for the poly. So for me to go to the poly exam and updates have to be made to my application makes me look bad .. I should of been more thorough with my recruiter on why I left previous jobs, and did I get Verbals or written warnings etc...

Comment

I would not be surprised if you get disqualified. Your meeting with the recruiter was probably your chance to clarify what you put on your application. When I went through the same process, they made it really clear that the application had to be perfectly detailed and any errors, omissions, etc were going to be viewed as deceit and that if there were any omissions or errors I would be DQd. Only way you can know for sure though is to wait until your recruiter gets back.

Comment

Originally posted by benseventeen View Post
          I would not be surprised if you get disqualified. Your meeting with the recruiter was probably your chance to clarify what you put on your application. When I went through the same process, they made it really clear that the application had to be perfectly detailed and any errors, omissions, etc were going to be viewed as deceit and that if there were any omissions or errors I would be DQd. Only way you can know for sure though is to wait until your recruiter gets back.
          Ahh that will suck so bad. Now I have to wait and worry..It's crazy because it was nothing I thought big enough to due harm. Just information I kept short and sweet on the application but poly examiner wanting to no more. "When u left did u do 2weeks notice, did u get a verbal, did u get a written".. Ughhh There is always and obstacle.

Comment

And its not like I was connected to the machine, we was just going over questions that she felt like was too short and needed more information. Oh I hate u poly exam!
            Last edited by Swizzie; 03-24-2011, 11:44 AM.

Comment

I see you're in Tampa, I guess you were going for HCSO? That's the agency I tried to get hired with as well. I am surprised your recruiter didn't go over why you left your job... mine asked me and got a lot of detail about it before I went for the poly. Your background investigator didn't ask questions about why you left your previous jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by Swizzie View Post
                And its not like I was hooked up to the machine, we was just going over questions that she felt like was too short and needed more information. Oh I hate u poly exam!
                I am surprised you made it past the written exam. Your grammar is awful.
                Last edited by Brumus; 03-24-2011, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brumus View Post
                  With HCSO there isn't much writing. You just have to take the CJBAT, which is super easy. Then you have to write a paragraph about why you want to pursue a career in law enforcement. Then on your initial interview, they have you write a page long essay on one of several topics you can choose from. I wrote about "The Most Important Challenges to Law Enforcement Today". And I'm not even sure the writing portion mattered that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Brumus View Post
                    Haha I know right :P..Iphone 4G FTL!!!! Parking lot typing/thread making.

Comment

It didn't really have to specify whether you gave 2 weeks notice, etc. If in YOUR MIND you think you didn't divulge enough information or you're being deceitful, that's what will set it off. If you put down the truth, that you were let go because of excessive tardiness, and there's really nothing more to the story, then that would have been fine.

Comment

Originally posted by tacscuba View Post
                        It didn't really have to specify whether you gave 2 weeks notice, etc. If in YOUR MIND you think you didn't divulge enough information or you're being deceitful, that's what will set it off. If you put down the truth, that you were let go because of excessive tardiness, and there's really nothing more to the story, then that would have been fine.
                        That is Correct Tacscuba and I appreciate your input. After I told her that its because of tardies she then asked me " did you do a 2week notice". I don't remember being asked that in the initial interview with my recruiter. Now remember I was not connected to the machine, we are just going over the questions and pre employment history before she decided that we needed to update information and not go any further..(Connection to machine)...Ughh I really wish my recruiter was there to talk to and not on leave...AHhhhhhh!!!!! why me!

Comment

I have NO clue what is going on here.

Comment

polygraphs are bs anyway

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10730 users online. 390 members and 10340 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X