• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRS Special Agent - 1811

http://jobview.usajobs.gov/getjob.as...11&WT.mc_n=125
    Open Period - Monday, March 21, 2011 to Friday, March 25, 2011

I just submitted my app....

It is opportunities like these that make me want to get a Law Degree.

Comment

A law degree may not be enough... Applicants also need 15 semester hour credits in accounting and 9 semester hour credits in related fields.
      NYPD
      8329 (Apr 09)
      Medical, Written Psych, JST, and BI meet - done
      Oral Psych - done
      1st mini med - done
      2nd mini med - ??
      Academy - ??

Comment

Better of having a CPA cert or accounting degree with some real world/gov experience
        CBPO
        TO - 05/08 JFK
        EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

I have my MBA in Corporate Finance and work in Risk Management at a Bank. It may still not be enough though as I don't have my CPA. But like any other job, I figured it certainly couldn't hurt to submit my app... Good luck to anyone who applies

Comment

Originally posted by sln78 View Post
            I have my MBA in Corporate Finance and work in Risk Management at a Bank. It may still not be enough though as I don't have my CPA. But like any other job, I figured it certainly couldn't hurt to submit my app... Good luck to anyone who applies

Key number is 15 hours of accounting.

That is the real test.

If you have a MA, MS, MBA, JD or PhD, you need the 15 hours.

Good luck, it’s a cool job.
            "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")

Comment

Although I don't have a masters degree, I am a licensed CPA and CFE and have 3+ years of public accounting experience wth a "Big4" firm auditing both public and private company financial statements. Although it doesn't specifically state whether or not public accounting experience qualifies as "investigative" experience, I believe there is a strong argument that it would, especially since auditors are required to perform SAS 99 procedures as part of a GAAS audit. Not to mention the audit itselt is "investigative" by design.

Perhaps a current IRS-CI can comment with respect to the above statements.

It is mind-boggling to know that the posting will allow a recent or soon to be college grad with a masters degree in acctg. to have a foot in the door with absolutely no relevant experience and yet refuse to consider those who have a B.A. in acctg. with multiple years of "real-world" experience (although not necessarily "investigative" experience) complemented with professional certifications.
              Last edited by SaGE_99; 03-25-2011, 03:40 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8793 users online. 290 members and 8503 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X