Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SaGE_99
    replied
    Although I don't have a masters degree, I am a licensed CPA and CFE and have 3+ years of public accounting experience wth a "Big4" firm auditing both public and private company financial statements. Although it doesn't specifically state whether or not public accounting experience qualifies as "investigative" experience, I believe there is a strong argument that it would, especially since auditors are required to perform SAS 99 procedures as part of a GAAS audit. Not to mention the audit itselt is "investigative" by design.

Perhaps a current IRS-CI can comment with respect to the above statements.

It is mind-boggling to know that the posting will allow a recent or soon to be college grad with a masters degree in acctg. to have a foot in the door with absolutely no relevant experience and yet refuse to consider those who have a B.A. in acctg. with multiple years of "real-world" experience (although not necessarily "investigative" experience) complemented with professional certifications.
    Last edited by SaGE_99; 03-25-2011, 03:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Scout0315
    replied
    Originally posted by sln78 View Post
    I have my MBA in Corporate Finance and work in Risk Management at a Bank. It may still not be enough though as I don't have my CPA. But like any other job, I figured it certainly couldn't hurt to submit my app... Good luck to anyone who applies

Key number is 15 hours of accounting.

That is the real test.

If you have a MA, MS, MBA, JD or PhD, you need the 15 hours.

Good luck, it’s a cool job.

Leave a comment:

• sln78
    replied
    I have my MBA in Corporate Finance and work in Risk Management at a Bank. It may still not be enough though as I don't have my CPA. But like any other job, I figured it certainly couldn't hurt to submit my app... Good luck to anyone who applies

Leave a comment:

• LIcoastie
    replied
    Better of having a CPA cert or accounting degree with some real world/gov experience

Leave a comment:

• codexfan
    replied
    A law degree may not be enough... Applicants also need 15 semester hour credits in accounting and 9 semester hour credits in related fields.

Leave a comment:

• fanhood
    replied
    It is opportunities like these that make me want to get a Law Degree.

Leave a comment:

• sln78
    started a topic IRS Special Agent - 1811

IRS Special Agent - 1811

http://jobview.usajobs.gov/getjob.as...11&WT.mc_n=125
    Open Period - Monday, March 21, 2011 to Friday, March 25, 2011

I just submitted my app....

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11219 users online. 450 members and 10769 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X