Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Positions not covered by 6c/Title 5 age limit 37??

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positions not covered by 6c/Title 5 age limit 37??

I know this comes up all the time in the forums but does anyone have a link or a list to law enforcement based positions/agencies that dont have a limit of 37 besides the border patrol?? Lets face it getting into law enforcement is tough enough and being 38 does not make it any easier Suggestions for agencies are appreciated!

If your not a veteran you may be SOL. CBP officer and Border Patrol maybe your only options. I'm sure someone will chime in with other agency options. Good luck to you.
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

Most police officer positions in the "g" are not covered.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Positions Not Covered By 6c/Title 5 Age Limit 37?

What are the parameters? Do you mean any sworn, armed law enforcement job that hires beyond age 37? A few others that I think might qualify:

-Federal Protective Service

-Veterans Administration Police

Or are you also thinking of unarmed positions like TSA?

Comment

VA Police don't get 6c coverage; although they DO hire after age 37, and they can carry on creds......
          Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

http://www.opm.gov/retire/post/edsa/leoe.asp

Covered Law Enforcement Officers Occupations

Positions that typically qualify as Law Enforcement Officer Positions under the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) and the Federal Employees' Retirement System (FERS)

Border Patrol agents;
            Correctional Officers or Prison Support Staff working for Bureau of the Prisons, and Federal Prison Industries, Inc.; employees of the Public Health Service assigned to the Bureau of the Prisons, or Federal Prison Industries, Inc.; or civilian employees in the field service at the Army or Navy disciplinary barracks or at confinement facilities operated by any of the armed forces who are engaged in the detention of prisoners (i.e., Prison Correctional Officers, and employees in frequent direct contact with prisoners);
            Criminal Investigators;
            Customs Investigators;
            Deputy U.S. Marshals;
            FBI special agents;
            Federal Probation and Parole Officers;
            Instructors at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center(FLETC) (covered as secondary LEO positions);
            Law Enforcement Park Rangers;
            Office of the Inspector General investigators in various agencies;
            Park Police (Only if covered under FERS);
            Secret Service Agents (Only if covered under FERS);
            Secret Service Uniformed Division (Only if covered under FERS);
            TSA Federal Air Marshals;
            U.S. Marshals.

Non - Covered Law Enforcement Officer's Occupation

Positions that typically do not qualify As Law Enforcement Officer Positions under the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) and the Federal Employees' Retirement System (FERS)

Assistant U.S. Attorneys;
            Bureau of Engraving and Printing Police;
            DEA Diversion Investigators;
            DHS Federal Protective Service;
            DOD Police;
            GPO Police;
            Guards at Government buildings or other facilities;
            IRS Revenue Officers;
            Mint Police;
            Secret Service Special Officers;
            VA Police.

Comment

CBP officers are now 12D/6C covered and currently do not hire new people over the age of 36...with very limited exceptions.
              Border Patrol and ICE/ERO are both 12D/6C covered and each is currently offering age waivers to age 40.

Comment

Thx for the input so quickly everyone Basically I just want to get into law enforcement/police/investigation work and being 37 now have a few limitations due to age so will look into all that was mentioned.

Comment

Your information about USSS Special Officers is incorrect Ashaman73. They are covered under the provisions of the law enforcement retirement.
                  What is Perseverance?
                  -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                  -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                  -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by headcrash View Post
                    Thx for the input so quickly everyone Basically I just want to get into law enforcement/police/investigation work and being 37 now have a few limitations due to age so will look into all that was mentioned.
                    I feel your pain bro. I just turned 37 a couple weeks ago. I am already a police officer but it's a bum to know I can't ever be a Fed. There are still lots of non Fed opportunities out there for you.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitlow View Post
                      I feel your pain bro. I just turned 37 a couple weeks ago. I am already a police officer but it's a bum to know I can't ever be a Fed. There are still lots of non Fed opportunities out there for you.
                      Apply to agencies that dont require 6c retirement. There are 1811 jobs out there that dont require it.
                      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10381 users online. 444 members and 9937 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X